Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Default Tint

Yes another tint thread.

Well basically im looking for suggestion on how to apply my own Tint, They sell 2% here at my local walmart, and the tools to do it, such as the cleaner rubber slider and razor blade... So basically i wanna know ifi should take off my door panel and roll down the window, or leave it up with the door panel on....ya know?

Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Tint

I highly suggest a.) not putting 2% on (typo for 20%?) and b.) not doing it yourself. 2% would be literally black, but I'm assuming you meant 20%, which is okay. You're bound to get air bubbles and dirt under the film and I doubt wal-mart sells a decent film...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM

lol no i was serious when said 2%, thats just the lowest they have, they have 5% and 20% and 50% aswell, My buddy did his on his subaru brat, and it turned out pretty nice....Im just not going to pay hundreds of dollars for 10minutes of work....

Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM

I guess go for it if you know what you're doing. If it was me I wouldn't but that's only because I'd screw it up. 2%? Can you even see out of that at night?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Well i was thinking of going 2% with my two back passenger windows and 20% on the front ones, and mabey 50% on the back....If i even do that back. But The first time i tried to do it on my girlfriends honda it turned out - but I tried to do it with the window rolled completely up and didnt remove any panels, so there was noticeable line around the window except for the top.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ORIGINAL: Joseph

lol no i was serious when said 2%, thats just the lowest they have, they have 5% and 20% and 50% aswell, My buddy did his on his subaru brat, and it turned out pretty nice....Im just not going to pay hundreds of dollars for 10minutes of work....
+1 for having a professional do it. It will take them more than 10 minutes. I did my whole sedan and it took a guy who has been doing it for 26 years right around an hour. I'm not paying for the time but rather the lack of time. Not to mention the warranty and professional quality. You're call though... just my $.02

Pearl

Old 12-17-2007, 02:43 PM

how much do it cost you to have it pro done?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ORIGINAL: Joseph

how much do it cost you to have it pro done?
Here in Texas I have been using the same guy for several vehicles. He charged me $215 for Color Stable Tint. You can spend a little less for a regular metalizied (non-reflective) tint like 3M. I think he was going to charge $165 for the 3M. I got 20% on all the windows (it looks better to me when the shade all matches). It offers plenty of privacy and sun protection.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:01 PM

It cost me $240 for 5 windows. IMO, it is worth it to have a professional do it and get a lifetime warrantee with it. I've tinted a couple cars before and it's not easy. Also, the professional job uses a single sheet on the rear window and it's shrunk with a heat gun to the shape of the glass. No problems, no bad edges, nothing!!! ...... just a nice tint job that has been fine for 3 years now.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM

Either get a proffesional to do it or buy the pre-cut tint off of ebay..... I've done 5-6 cars/trucks with the pre-cut and it is pretty simple to install. It is cut perfectly to fit your windows

Quick Reply: Tint