Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
garrett303
Unregistered
Default Tint

Tint? I have a Black 2003 Honda accord coupe (ill get some pics. up soon). Should i get tint? Where do i get it? How much is it? eh? I live in Minnesota so front tint below 50 is illegal so....

Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Tint

Go 5% ftw/ftl. New one?

Seriously,an average price for a tinti job should not run you more than $150,and thats with good tint,an a skilled Tint-trician

Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 PM

There is a place in Owatonna the does really good tinting, look for DarkDan on MNHondas.com.

I'm in MN too and when I get tint it will probably be 30-35% with a limo brow on the windshield. Seriously, there are so many people around the Twin Cities that are much, much darker.

For a good metallic or ceramic film with lifetime warranty will run you $250-300, and can peak around $600.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:28 PM

It's all money. If you want the tint, go for it. They're pretty cool. I'd get my windows tinted if I worked for Boeing or microsoft.

Unfortunately grocery store wages only cover the cost of college....and the gasoline it takes to drive there

Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I personally have never seen a car that wouldn't look better with a nice tint job. That being said my accord (same body style) has quite dark tint (not sure on the percentage but def illegal) and as you know these models have fairly big blind spots. At night it is actually quite a safety hazard especially turning corners as you cant really see much out of your side windows if the street isnt lit well. This isnt too much of an issue once you get used to it though. The positive side is that it looks very nice, but I am still considering getting it lightened. So that is my experience on the tint of that model year, if safety and legality is any kind of issue for you I would go with the darkest legal tint you could get. If you want your car to just look nice I prefer darker tint. *Edit* I just noticed that your car is black and in my opinion black cars look really sick with dark tint - Batmobile ftw

Old 12-06-2008, 01:22 PM
JuiceboxXx
Unregistered

I definitely have to agree with style, I have never seen a car that looks bad with a "Good tint job." If you have the money to do it, I would spring for it. I had to go back to get it done twice. The first time i had it done it was %30 and it set me back $150. The second time i dropped down to %15.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Update! I just got pulled over doing 79 in a 55 tonight. I was passing some jackass rollin a mazda explorer in one of those limited pass lanes that occur every 4 miles or so on a 2 lane highway. Basically I got away with just a expired registration ticket ($97 instead of $400 sumthin) because the cop understood that some jackasses just need to get passed. Anyway the point of the post was to inform you that my illegal tint wasnt even mentioned even though it is completely obvious that it is too dark. Well that is just here in Oregon but I thought it might encourage you to go batmobile styles.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
JuiceboxXx
Unregistered

Lol, It's a good thing that cop was cool. Hey, do they actually have a tool that tests the tint percentage? And believe me, If i knew absolutely sure that i could get away with limo I would def throw money at it?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 PM

Yes, cops carry a device that measures light transmittance. Limo is a waste. 25-35% is plenty dark to give you a tinted look while keeping good and safe visibility.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:15 PM
SmokinV8s
Unregistered

Yeah, tint is well worth it.
Im at 20% and it looks
NICEE.
on my brown/tanish
91 LX its verry offical looking.

Quick Reply: Tint