Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

What do you think =)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
sdancsec
Unregistered
Default What do you think =)

Hello All, am new here so I want to know what you all think =)

Exhaust
Intake
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Trunk
Bodykit
Shaved Doors
Leather Int.
15's
Custom Body Work
STOCK RIMS!!! AMG ;p

Here Is the album if you want more pictures- https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/alb...=1&apage=1

Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: What do you think =)

Nah pics are welcome..

Looks cool!

One thing I've always wondered.. how do you open the doors with them being shaved like that?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:53 AM

That's a really nice clean look, I like it but in my opinion I'm not a big fan of yellow because I'm old and boring *L* so if you want to know what I think, that's a nice looking car all around, love the style and flow, don't really like the color

Welcome to the forum!

How much of the work did you get to do yourself?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
sdancsec
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: klrspz

One thing I've always wondered.. how do you open the doors with them being shaved like that?
I have keyless remote that pops the doors open (note: do not get this because its a pain in the you know what when you leave your keys inside even though the car is unlocked, and you dont have a spare lol)

And... Sir Nasty...

I dont really like the color either anymore I have been pulled over 6 times in the past 2 months just because of it, not breaking the speed limit or anything, I havent been pulled over for like 3 years previous of changing the color to yellow lol.I did most of the work actually, I am an aerospace mechanic so im well versified in all the aspects of anything to do with bodywork / engines lol. The only parts I did not do is the doorhandles, trunk, and the sideslits (even though I regret not doing it myself because the person who did it did not properly treat it for corrosion prevention and its starting to formsubsurfacecorrosion. Oh and I did not do the paint job either.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:56 AM

That's cool, I'd love to know more about how to do body kits and stuff... they charge an arm and two legs around here to get that done... like $2000.00 just to install a full body kit...

Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
sdancsec
Unregistered

Its really not that hard. You just have to have a few basic tools, the hard part is trimming to fit lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yeah i hear getting a good fit and having it look "natural" is the hardest part... a few shaving tools and what not are more common in shops, but how often do you think they use them?
that's prolly why they charge a bunch, gotta pay for it somehow

Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM

The car will look great with a good set of rims.When is that buy? Oh and looks pretty good other than that.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
sdancsec
Unregistered

They are pretty much just charging for labor. You could use a hand file, drill,and a cutting saw if you have no extra money. What you have to remember is composite materials such as carbonfiber and fiberglass are treated just as woodworking, so you dont really have expensive tools unless you have the extra money for it.

edit: They are also charging for "skilled" labor, it does take a while to get used to the materials but its honestly not that hard. Now actually manufactoring carbonfiber and fiberglass from scratch thats a different story lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:41 PM
sdancsec
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: FoShoHondo

The car will look great with a good set of rims.When is that buy? Oh and looks pretty good other than that.
Yeah I just can't scrounge up enough money for the rims, everything else I could do on my own with not much money, but rims... tsk tsk.... thanks for the positive comment =)

"When is that buy?" what does this mean?

Quick Reply: What do you think =)