Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

What do you think about these rims if they were painted black?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Default What do you think about these rims if they were painted black?

What if these rims were black? Would they look good?

Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Here's a quick photoshop, I think these are the same rims, at least very similar.

I think they'd look pretty good. I used Plasti-Dip on mine and I'm loving them. They're holding up really well and have a nice matte look to them. Always fun to put a new spin on stock components!

Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 PM

i did my 94 accord rims with duplicolor, and i gotta tell ya, use something more durable bro. had to get the tires changed and it came right off. idk how durable plasti dip is but i bet its better, im thinking engine enamel might be the way to go though too. have to try both lol.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Well I've taken my wheels off a few times since I Plasti Dipped them and my mechanic has too, forgot to warn him to be careful with them but he didn't mess them up at all. Still holding up nicely, no peeling or scratches.

Drop the mirror check the curb

Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

i plastidipped my rims sunday, they look really good imo. friends prelude which gave me the idea has had plastidip on rims for 1 month so far n looks like he did it when i did mine. it does peel off though unlike paint so if you dont like it just remove it.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 AM

I had a friend use truck bedliner on his stock wheels on his infiniti and the look great. he has had them like that for a few months and has had no problems.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM

how do you plastidip rims? ill definitely try this if you can just peel it right off right??

Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by pbplayer257
how do you plastidip rims? ill definitely try this if you can just peel it right off right??
http://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body...-faq-pics.html
It's explained pretty well there. It does peel right off as long as you put on a thick enough coat, I'd say 3-5 coats is when it gets easiest to remove but still stays durable. My wheels still look the same as the day I did them, no peeling. I used 4 coats.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Naw...

Old 11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I used the Rustoleum, wheel coating and it worked out really well. I have the paint and clearcoat on 2 years now and its holding up great. I did have one problem where I left the balancing weights on and painted over them, some vibration must have chipped the paint off in one spot.

RustOleum.com

I used the silver color over my old beat up Alloy wheels. I took my time and used the correct primer, 2 coats of paint, and then clear.

Quick Reply: What do you think about these rims if they were painted black?