Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

What should I do to improve hp having the f22b1

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Default What should I do to improve hp having the f22b1

I was wondering what can I do to improve hp on my car with the f22b1 engine and also suspension. I dont want to change engine. Im planning on getting AEM cold air intake, MagnaFlow exhaust..What you guys think should be next?

Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Default RE: What should I do to improve hp having the f22b1

Intake, header, exhaust is the first step. Is your car an auto or a manual? You want to leave the engine in? Then there's turbo. Want to keep it bolt on stuff? Pulleys, cam, upgrade ignition system, port/polish, throttle body, chip etc. What do you want to get out of your car?

Old 03-06-2007, 03:23 AM

Its auto. I tried to find skunk2 cam shaft for an accord but didnt find any. It sucked. I already got headers... They are DC Sports. I was thinkin of getting the intake manifold from an h22 since they say they fit right in. My friend also recommended port/polish. And cam gear, double springs. I really dont want to go turbo. More like all engine you know.... What you mean what doI want to get out of the car?

Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 AM

I guess what I want to know is if you want a mean screamer or just get some more pep out of it. Good choice on the header. www.f22parts.com is what you are looking for.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 AM

I want it to sound good and be fast you know. Nice site by the way. Has everything more more performance. What about spacers for my wheels. Since itsmy car is two and half inches dropped, the wheels look like they are all the way in and i want them to stick out more

Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 AM

I'm not too sure where to get spacers for your wheels but I have seen them. They are quite popular here where I live right now and see them alot especially on older accords. Try a post in the wheels section, there are some guys here who really know their wheels. Make sure that you drop, spacing the wheels and your wheel wells don't collide. The travel in the suspension might cause some trouble because the wheel can't tuck inside the well like it used to.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 AM

I just saw some spacers on ebay for hundred dollars. Seems pretty good. Right now it doenst rub agaist the fender or anything like that so I think it would be ok to space them. How many inches is 25mm? Im thinkin of gettin those. My car just scrapes alot on bumps and all that but other than that it runs good without rubbing

Old 03-06-2007, 04:24 AM

25mm is just under an 1 inch (.98425 inch). With the drop that is on your car now do your wheels have the tucked looked? Look at the top of the wheel and see how much clearance there is between the out board side of the wheel well lip and the top of the tire. If you move the tire out, will that part of the fender have a chance to come down on the tire? I don't want to discourage you from doing what you want, I just don't want to see you having to replace tires or tear apart the lip of the wheel well. A 2.5" drop is pretty significant for an accord so just double check everything.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 AM

yea i know what you mean. thats why im planning on getting eibach pro kit springs so that way it can lift about an inch and that way when i get my exhaust it wont scrape as well

Old 03-06-2007, 04:35 AM

Sounds like you have a good plan. Be sure to post some pics!

Quick Reply: What should I do to improve hp having the f22b1