Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Default Window Tinting

I'm new to this forum thing... I just purchased a 2006 Honda Accord Ex coupe a couple weeks ago. It's black with black leather interior. Looks hot. Anyway, I would like to know what everyone thinks about getting the back three windows tinted on it. Only thing is, I would get all the windows tinted but I live in Jersey, and it's illegal for tint on the front windows. So, what do you think about that? Thanks.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well a law is a law, but there's nothing to say you can't do it. The legal limit is 50% here in Minnesota, but I see plenty of cars a lot darker. Is it worth the risk of getting pulled over, getting a ticket, and having to remove it?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:53 PM

but will the back three windows look ok being tinted if the front two aren't? I don't want to ride around and spend money on something if it's going to look dumb ya know. What do you think about just the three?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM

I've seen the rear 3 pulled off okay... how dark are you planning on going? Most SUVs have only the rear windows tinted and it looks alright... not as good as getting them all done.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/GINAMA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]This is what my car looks like, but it's not the exact car. This won't look to bad if its done will it? I know it's a little too soon to decide on this, but this is just something that I'm thinking of

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by accordprincess
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/GINAMA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]This is what my car looks like, but it's not the exact car. This won't look to bad if its done will it? I know it's a little too soon to decide on this, but this is just something that I'm thinking of
There are many cars that have the three back windows tinted and the driver and passenger clear. My suggestion to you is to go ahead with that plan, put 20% tint on the three back windows and a light tint like 35% on the front two. You'll be satisfied and it'll look good.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 PM

I think i might look into that. It's just so hot when I get into my car after it's been sitting in the sun all day. So I wanna do the tint so it 1- looks good and 2- won't be as hot when I get into it after working all day and burn my a** and everything I own.. lol So in the meantime I guess I'll just sit back and see what everyone else thinks about it, and get opinions and stuff before I make my decision. Thanks again.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM

I second that dude who suggested the tinting of the 3 back windows and a lighter shade in the front, you could actually go blue in the front, most new german cars are coming out like that now. Post a pic of it when is done.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the offer, I don't really know that the blue would look good on a black car. I really don't know what the blue would look like at all. What tinting do you have on your car.. and can you post a picture.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM

If your going to do that, I would go with some nice dark tints in the rear. I think 10% or even 5% would look clean since the car is black. Then tint the front with whatever you can. If the cops don't necessarily enforce it you will be fine getting the front tinted, but if you do get pulled over they may try and stack that on top of you. A cop pulling someone over just because of tints is BS. I had 0% all the way around and a 30% on the windshield for years with no problems, but I never got pulled over. It's not too hard to stay under the radar down here.

Quick Reply: Window Tinting