Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 accord inter lcd screen lights/controls went out

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Bartman
Unregistered
Default 03 accord inter lcd screen lights/controls went out

Hello,

We have an 03 Honda Accord and recently all the lights on the LCD screen and controls went out. The cd player doesn't work but the radio and as far as I can tell, everything else is functional. The dash lights work also. All the fuses look to be good too. Anyone ran across this before?

Thanks in advance for any help

Bartman

Old 11-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 03 accord inter lcd screen lights/controls went out

common issue. See if Honda of America will goodwill replace it

Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Hyelifels
Unregistered

Hello, I am Artur from Long Beach, CA. My first post here.

My g/f just got an 03 4 dr EX and the LCD lights and the control lights don't light up. Help please.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Hyelifels
Unregistered

OK, I just did some more searchin on this site and found out that it's a common problem (as Yeuemmaimai stated above) and the dealer is the one to go to. But there is a slight problem, the car has 100,900 miles on it. Any suggestions?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM

Contact Honda customer service.

http://automobiles.honda.com/informa...relations.aspx

Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Hyelifels

OK, I just did some more searchin on this site and found out that it's a common problem (as Yeuemmaimai stated above) and the dealer is the one to go to. But there is a slight problem, the car has 100,900 miles on it. Any suggestions?
shouldnt matter. have you spoken with the dealer?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Hyelifels
Unregistered

Thanks for your help guys. I will go to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Hyelifels
Unregistered

I went to the dealer today and they said that it's over 100k miles and they can't do nothing. He also said, which I don't believe is true, that the lights and the CD changer nor working has got nothing to do with each other. I don't know, I gotta go to another dealer to see what they say.

Do you guys think if I get a working Radio/climat control unit will and switch it out will it work?? I think it should.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Hyelifels

I went to the dealer today and they said that it's over 100k miles and they can't do nothing. He also said, which I don't believe is true, that the lights and the CD changer nor working has got nothing to do with each other. I don't know, I gotta go to another dealer to see what they say.

Do you guys think if I get a working Radio/climat control unit will and switch it out will it work?? I think it should.
This is EXACTLY why I suggested you contact Honda Customer Service first. Most dealers don't give a damn about your problem but you stand a chance by dealing with CS. It may not do any good but they have the final word.........or you can bounce from dealer to dealer.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Hyelifels
Unregistered

Update on this. Well I tried few dealers, they were no help. I did not call Honda, but I got a good deal ona 6 disk climate control unit on ebay and put it in. Got the codes from the dealer for free and now everything works.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: 03 accord inter lcd screen lights/controls went out