Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 honda accord lx

Old 08-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Default 03 honda accord lx

hi everyone,

i have an cd player issue. i got this car from salvage and my cd player is not working. the casset and redio works fine. but no cd goes in or out on the cd player. i tried playing the cd but seems like nothing in the cd in the cd plalyer so nothing plays.

any idea anyone!!? thank you for your help

Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member

Welcome to the HAF..

I moved this to where you can get ideas on your problem..in this Correct Forum.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Can we assume this is a factory radio unit?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

assuming factory unit, it sounds like a CD is stuck or the mechanism has failed.

a factory replacement is expensive and prone to the same issues.

you can get an aftermarket mount and put in a new CD player.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
assuming factory unit, it sounds like a CD is stuck or the mechanism has failed.

a factory replacement is expensive and prone to the same issues.

you can get an aftermarket mount and put in a new CD player.
This.

You can always try to find one in a salvage yard I suppose but you could also just run down to Best Buy and pick up a $100 CD player and a $40 adapter kit and have a BETTER head unit than the stock one. Heck, you could even run to Walmart and pick up a $75 CD player and still have a better system.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:16 PM

thanks for all the advices. if i wanted to change my original system, then i wouldnt of ask for help. i would like to keep the same factory cd player and will try to fix it. if anyone else has the same problem or have any idea of fixing this, then let me know please.

by the way, it doesnt sound like something is stuck there. otherwise it would play or atlease make some noise when the press the eject button. so any other idea!!!!?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

these factory units are notorious for failure. dealer cost is consistently quoted >$500 for replacement. finding a salvage unit is a short-term issue. repair is not for the basic DIY. I'm an EE and IMO it's not worth the time to repair. Note you will not likely find a PCB schematic.

this is a very common issue and the accepted response is to replace with aftermarket. i don't believe it is a simple mechanical CD mechanism issue but electrical (board-level). other common issues are the display will fail, and it will become non-responsive in general.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM

OP, you can always scrounge around on EBay or a salvage yard and maybe you can dig them up. KHA is right that for some reason, OEM head units cost an obscene amount of money considering they are far below par in terms of quality.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Instructions for removal and the kit to replace:
http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...9-7864_web.pdf

Search this Thread