Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

05 Accord Double DIN?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Tryanosaur
Unregistered
Default 05 Accord Double DIN?

Simple question while expecting a likely not so simple solution.

Has anyone (custom or otherwise) been able to successful install a double din unit into the upper part of the radio controls? Has a kit been created where the air controls have been re-arranged, re-designed, moved, anything really to accomodate that size above them?

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 05 Accord Double DIN?

One of the audio shops in town said it was possible, and pointed me towards a kit, but I ended up putting the double din in another vehicle. I will ask the shop when I see them later this week.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:51 AM

There are not kits to install a double din. Also the single din kit can't be modded to fit a double din, there is a big circuit board in the back that can't be removed since its part of the buttons, and takes up to much space for a double DIN. Although people have put 7" monitors in the cubby box below the radio. Its a lot of custom work and with anything like that requires experience for it to be done correctly and look good.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Part of what buttons? The climate control buttons?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Yeah its for the climate controls and goes from the bottom buttons up to just below the hole for the radio. HERE is a link to the kit I am talkin about, it goes from above the radio hole then from one **** to the other. I don't think it would be worth the modifcation to squeeze a double DIN in there. I have a 7" flip out, the only problem is it blocks half of each ****.

EDIT: Now you should be able to see the link better, it was always there though

Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 AM

i think you forgot the link...

Old 05-24-2007, 08:22 PM

it is very possible but at the same time very difficult to mod

http://gen7accord.net/forums/viewtop...sc&start=0

Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
rprol
Unregistered

I replaced the whole dash panel with an aftermarket panel so I could put in a real stereo with and iPlug. I bought it through Crutchfields. You have to remove everything from the shifter to the windshield, but it was worth it. I now have a decent stereo with the ability to use my 7,500 song iPod, as well as an MP3 with audio books. If you are interested, I can send a pic.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Tryanosaur
Unregistered

Can you send me a link to that kit that you used and/or show a picture of what you did? I went to crutch field and couldnt' find anything that showed a kit that allowed for an in-dash double din sized unit. Only din sized which would only allow the mechanical, pop-out screen unit.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Tryanosaur

Can you send me a link to that kit that you used and/or show a picture of what you did? I went to crutch field and couldn't' find anything that showed a kit that allowed for an in-dash double din sized unit. Only din sized which would only allow the mechanical, pop-out screen unit.
This kit he is talking about is the same single DIN kit I linked above. There is no double DIN kit available for the 7th gen accord, it just doesn't exist. If you want a double DIN unit your going to have to custom build it into the dash or the cubby below the radio.

Quick Reply: 05 Accord Double DIN?