Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

07 Accord 4door with a In-Dash Dvd.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Default 07 Accord 4door with a In-Dash Dvd.

Hello All,

I try to search for pictures how a in-dash dvdwould look like in the lower clubby( Middle Storage Area under the OEM Radio) And only two pictures came up for how it would look like when the screen is out.
Does anyone know if it would actually hit the buttoms on the oem radio.Or what would I have to do to make it work.
Also can anyone point me to some links that have pictures with the In-dash dvd install in the lower deck. ( I don't want to really spend $150 on the Metra kit)
I also search in Cardomain and nothing really came up. ( Picture wise)

And one last question, If I install the new in-dash dvd.How would I still get on steering wheel control to work with my new headunit?

Thanks for any kind of information guys!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Default RE: 07 Accord 4door with a In-Dash Dvd.

I read somewhere that someone tried a flip up and it hit the controls. I think he ended up fabbing the kit to make the deck stick out enough to clear it, but that'd take some work.

if you just search ebay for what deck you're looking for, one of the options will be a black PAC interface box that allows you to use factory steering wheel controls with your deck.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 PM

the dvd receiver will definitely have to stick out of the dash kit an inch or two in order for the screen to open entirely. it might be kinda ugly this way but if you have some bondo/fiberglass skills it might work.

another option is the much more expensive top dash kit that replaces the factory radio/ac controls. or somehow using the optional factory audio accesory kit that can fit a double din dvd player.

good luck

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the Info. guys
I did some more research on the in dash dvd. I see some people that install it on the lower clubby.
(The system install kit: the lower section where it suppose to just be a storage part) I guess they flip the kit upside down and install the kit that way.This way you have more room and you won't be hitting the buttons.
I am going to try that out and hopefully it looks good and it works fine.
I don't want to catch a cramp on my neck just to watch a movie.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM

I posted some pictures of what some people did in the 7th gen, which someone mentioned about molding a headrest screen within the cubby area.
I'm doing the exact same thing but with my 6th gen. I'll probably post pictures the process I went through when I'm finished.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
reubs6
Unregistered

Have you had any results yet? Im tryin to do the exact same thing and I work at Best Buy and for some reason they couldn't order that dash kit. My installer told me the one Metra one for the upper dash is like $250. I'm tryin to find somethin! I see one here on this site at http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9831 but it looks kinda sketchy so I dunno. Lemme know when you get some kind of results.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 PM

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DIO+ATTACHMENT