Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2012 Accord - Playing MP3s through USB

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2012 Accord - Playing MP3s through USB

Hey guys...just picked up a new '12 Accord LX-P sedan. This will be my first Honda coming from two Toyota cars in the family.

Is there anything I should do, prep, or be aware of? I've glanced over this forum and it doesn't seem like that many people have the 2012 Accord.

The only minor issue I've encountered with the car is that it does not recognize my Zune player plugged in via USB. Any one know if there's a firmware/software update that would enable this?

Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, the USB port on your car is only for charging devices. It is unlikely that you can control your Zune from the car console. To listen to your Zune, you'd have to hook it up with the auxiliary input jack (standard for LX), and you have to control the Zune directly.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Wait, maybe your can can interface the Zune. From the Honda Accord page:

The USB Audio Interface is used for direct connection to and control of some current digital audio players and other USB devices that contain MP3, WMA or AAC music files. Some USB devices with security software and digital rights-protected files may not work. Please see your Honda dealer for details.

2012 Honda Accord Sedan - Specifications - Official Honda Site

Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Instructions regarding the use of the usb port is explained in the owner's manual.

However, I don't believe the Zune is a supported device. You should be getting the error message "UNSUPPORTED".

Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Instructions regarding the use of the usb port is explained in the owner's manual.

However, I don't believe the Zune is a supported device. You should be getting the error message "UNSUPPORTED".
yea...guess it isn't compatible then. Darn...will just have to settle with transferring my music to a usb drive.

Are there any software updates I should be aware of?

Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ctbear

Are there any software updates I should be aware of?
I haven't heard of any software updates related to the 2012 Accord yet.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 AM

The USB port will play an iPod or iPhone. you will only be able to control it through your steering wheel controls. I tried my iphone, and it plays pandora as well as the music on the phone itself. It will only play the sound from a youTube video though. My Dad has the 2012 EX-L coupe and I wanted to see if it will take an iphone.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM

The USB port will also play a memory stick. Has to be formatted FAT32, though. NTFS will display "Unsupported". Supposedly the only players supported are those using iTunes.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by enerostar83
The USB port will play an iPod or iPhone. you will only be able to control it through your steering wheel controls. I tried my iphone, and it plays pandora as well as the music on the phone itself. It will only play the sound from a youTube video though. My Dad has the 2012 EX-L coupe and I wanted to see if it will take an iphone.
I have a android razr maxx. Is there a way to play pandora for me?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Default Accord 2012 Audio Track Tagging Questions.

I am trying to set up my system to play the files in Alphabetical order by Artist. I need to understand how the track tagging system works. I have been nesting files in one main music folder in my USB Key and organizing files by using an organizational system I have been using with my MP3s for years. Any one have any input?

Quick Reply: 2012 Accord - Playing MP3s through USB