Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord Audio Anomaly

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

joe - I was told that the update was coming mid to late February.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Default Music Search Fail

Originally Posted by cjperry1
cjperry--did you hear that from a dealer? Just curious. Anyhoo, thanks for the update--hoping this patch (if it happens) fixes the issues.

My one problem now is that Bluetooth fails "Search Music" in Bluetooth Audio mode. It states "No entries found" after a few seconds of searching, but the search works in iPod mode with USB connected.

2013 EX-L w/ Navi

Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by cjperry1
First I was told an update the "should" fix the problems will be available before the end of January. Then I was told beginning or mid-February. Went to visit the dealer again a few days ago. Now, they have no idea when an update or any type of remedy will be available.

I bought the car on 12/5/12. Now have over 5,000 miles on the odometer. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time in the car. I am looking for a way to get out of this car and into something that actually works the way it is advertised.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Talked to American Honda on the phone. The rep told me that Honda is still gathering information on the audio & information display systems. He stated that an update that "should" fix any problems "might" be available around the middle of March.

When I expressed my displeasure with the problems I was asked, "What do you want American Honda to do for you?" When I said I wanted a new audio system I was told that would not solve any problems as no updates or changes have been made to any of the equipment.

All told, I feel that Honda is not working hard enough on the problems with these vehicles. I am reading about too many problems of all types with these vehicles. It is time for everyone to demand satisfaction. I no longer want the car fixed. i want a new car that works properly. If that means I have to go to Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota, MB, etc. then so be it.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Question Here's one I haven't seen before; XM radio preset channel descriptions disappeared

After changing audio sources from Bluetooth to XM, the preset XM channel descriptions do not appear on the lower touchscreen, but they appear on the 8" display up above. It only has the channel #s ("Ch. 1"), vice "1: Top Hits". Definitely not a satellite issue, as the upper display was showing full data. Was able to make XM channel descriptions reappear by cycling master power (not just audio power).

Data bus issue?

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navi; 200 miles.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM

I have had the same problem with the Audio system going silent. The quick fix seems to be to press the button on the steering wheel to give an audible command, and after it beeps for your response, say "Cancel". The sound always come back on. At least for me. Hope that helps.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by glenman
I have had the same problem with the Audio system going silent. The quick fix seems to be to press the button on the steering wheel to give an audible command, and after it beeps for your response, say "Cancel". The sound always come back on. At least for me. Hope that helps.
To be quite honest, I don't care about "quick fixes". I want the problems completely resolved!

American Honda called me back. After being told too many times how sorry they are for all the problems I told them what I wanted. I told them I want them to take back the piece of crap they sold me and give me a new car that actually works. Of course the lady said, "I do not believe american honda is in the position to do that for you" I wonder what they are "in the position to do" for me and everyone else that is having problems with the truly POS car.

Vehicle purchased 12/05/13. As of 02/15/13 it has 5,500 miles. That is over 5,300 miles of problems!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Finally got the update installed this evening! Guess what?!?!?!

IT DID NOT WORK! EVERYTHING IS STILL SCREWED UP WITH MY CAR!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Question At the dealer now waiting on the update to install

Sounds like results have been mixed at best for those of us jumping quickly on the chance to get the software update specified in the March 2, 2013 TSB.

I am sitting at the dealership now (been here about 1Hr 45 MIN) waiting for the software update to be applied to my 2013 Accord Coupe V-6 w/o Navi.

My issue was similar to many: audio lockup with no presets showing, could not change stations, screeching sounds, etc.

Assuming I get out of here eventually this afternoon, I will post the results of the software patch after a brief test drive

Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Ed_Droid
Assuming I get out of here eventually this afternoon, I will post the results of the software patch after a brief test drive
Looking forward to it! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord Audio Anomaly