Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Honda LED Look-alike Bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies

how's your visibility at night now?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 AM

my visibility at night is not any different really. Changing out the bulb to LED doesn't really make a difference on the road haha. But I did change out my headlights for HID and that really made a difference. Also plan on changing my fog lights to HID lights real soon too!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies

to me it the foglight is pretty much just for show. It doesn't work well in a real fog anyway. I was thinking of putting HID on the foglight as well... Instead, i use a LED bulb cuz it just looks nicer than halogen and produce less heat. HID on the headlight is a must tho and IDK y honda dont even offer that option .

Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM

can you send me a link to where you got the led bulb for parking/DRL light

Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by speedimp
to me it the foglight is pretty much just for show. It doesn't work well in a real fog anyway. I was thinking of putting HID on the foglight as well... Instead, i use a LED bulb cuz it just looks nicer than halogen and produce less heat. HID on the headlight is a must tho and IDK y honda dont even offer that option .
Hi,

If you don't mind, can you please give us the specs for the LED bulbs.
  • As mentioned earlier, you used a 168 LED bulb for the parking lights. Do you know the wattage and color (5000k)?
  • I'm also thinking of replacing the fog lights with LED, do you know what type of LED bulb I will need to replace it?
  • Is it straight forward when replacing the halogen bulbs with LEDs? (remove and attach?)
Thanks!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by happydude
Hi,

If you don't mind, can you please give us the specs for the LED bulbs.
  • As mentioned earlier, you used a 168 LED bulb for the parking lights. Do you know the wattage and color (5000k)?
  • I'm also thinking of replacing the fog lights with LED, do you know what type of LED bulb I will need to replace it?
  • Is it straight forward when replacing the halogen bulbs with LEDs? (remove and attach?)
Thanks!
for the 168 LED, i use a 68 LED . Check the link below:
Amico T10 68 SMD 168 194 1206 LED Car White Lamp Side Wedge Light Bulbs 10 Pcs : Amazon.com : Automotive Amico T10 68 SMD 168 194 1206 LED Car White Lamp Side Wedge Light Bulbs 10 Pcs : Amazon.com : Automotive

For the foglight, i recommand to use the one with CREE LED. I got that from ebay:
H11 CREE LED Projector Bulb Fog Daytime Running Light DRL Headlight H8 White 16W | eBay

and yes its direct replacement plug and play. UNLESS the led u gonna use on with a flash relay ie: turn signal bulb.
I hope that may answer your questions.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:38 PM

Amico T10 68 SMD 168 194 1206 LED Car White Lamp Side Wedge Light Bulbs 10 Pcs : Amazon.com : Automotive

For the foglight, i recommand to use the one with CREE LED. I got that from ebay:
H11 CREE LED Projector Bulb Fog Daytime Running Light DRL Headlight H8 White 16W | eBay

and yes its direct replacement plug and play. UNLESS the led u gonna use on with a flash relay ie: turn signal bulb.

Thanks a lot! Very informational.

I see that u changed the rear lights with LED as well. Do you have a picture of it? I was wondering how it would look, would it make a big difference in terms of looks and performance?

Thanks!

Last edited by happydude; 04-14-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 PM

Amico T10 68 SMD 168 194 1206 LED Car White Lamp Side Wedge Light Bulbs 10 Pcs : Amazon.com : Automotive

Agreed, very helpful info.

I'm gonna try these in order to replace my parking lights with LED (to get that V6 look); and then replace the Fogs to get a diff look at night too.

I'll post pics before and after.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Dumb question - but, did you have to buy 10 of these 68 LED's for the parking lights? Is it 5 lights per side or something?

I did notice that the V6 model DRL which is the LED parking light below the headlights; looks like it has 5 LED bulbs in it. That's actually the look I'm going for.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:36 PM

I also need instructions how to change that little bulb underneath the headlight projector. I already purchased the LED, but I dont see a way how to remove the bulb because it is all the way to the corner of the headlight casing.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda LED Look-alike Bulb?