Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

7th GEN ACCORD VP REAR SPEAKERS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
s7mk
Unregistered
Default 7th GEN ACCORD VP REAR SPEAKERS?

OK, I'm picking up my 07 accord either tonight or tomorrow. I heard that the VP package only has 2 speakers!?!?! WTF?? Is the rear deck filled with anything, or are there holes just waiting to be filled with speakers? Are the connections to the speakers hanging there, or am I gonna have to do some serious wiring?

Also, what size speakers would fit there, and what do you guys recomend? I had some Infinity's in my old Legend, and they were pretty nice.

Thanks guys, glad to be part of the forums, and part of the accord owners club hahaha

Old 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Default RE: 7th GEN ACCORD VP REAR SPEAKERS?

You are correct from what I'm seeing.... the VP model only has two speakers, the LX has 6. I would assume that the connections would all be there but I'm not certain. Also, it may sound just fine with the two speakers so I would check it out and see what you think...

Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 PM
s7mk
Unregistered

Ya I assume that it will sound fine, but I want my system to semi-pump, if you know what I mean. I heard you can buy the front speakers, from Honda, for only 30 bucks, so I'm guessing the system won't be too good stock. I'm gonna hop in my trunk and take a look and see what's really goin on in there.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM

If there is the connectors and such then at least you can pick what speakers you want and you don't have to remove the stock ones! Let us know what you see

Old 06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
s7mk
Unregistered

Yuup yup, I'll let everyone know. I'll take some pictures as well, and possibly a DIY for those who are looking to do the same thing and have no idea where to start. Hopefully the 07 accord is as fun to drive as my '90 Legend. I hope the i4 is enough kick to keep me happy for years to come.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Just change out the front speakers...after all...thats where the sound first hits the car.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
nugen
Unregistered

Did you ever wind up doing this? I'd be curious to know what speakers you used and how it went.

FWIW, Bernardi Honda has an online parts store that sells a pair of rear speakers for the VP for something $35. They seem pretty easy to install. http://www.bernardiparts.com/Product...=08A54-SDA-100

I'm curious as to whether anyone knows if they are any good, and/or if there is a better option (as easy to install-- i.e. with the same simple plug) for similar cost, and what size and other specs to look for.

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2007, 06:17 PM

i just pulled the rear speakers out of my SE. paper cones. real POS. i wouldnt ever buy a stock speaker replacement, ever.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM
nugen
Unregistered

What did you put in for replacements? (Size, specs, etc.)
Was the connector generic, or something specific to Honda?

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 PM

rear polk db690
front polk db521

used adapters from crutchfield, specific to the vehicle. i also used a spacer to fit the fronts (6.5 to 5.25)

Quick Reply: 7th GEN ACCORD VP REAR SPEAKERS?