Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Accord Custom Speakerboxx

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Default Accord Custom Speakerboxx

Hey everyone i am about to build me a custom speakerboxx in the back where my back seats used to be in my car. I was wondering if anyone could help me in what type of speakers i should put in there. i want something that sounds good but also hits pretty decent. Please let me know any suggestions.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Accord Custom Speakerboxx

Really it all depends on how much money your willing to spend on the speakers and amp also how serious are you about car audio. It can get really expensive with hard-hitting and clear basss to hard-hitting upto a certain level for a decent amount. Also there's a pretty good setup with a great price.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:46 PM

Depending what kind of sound you want whether you want to feel it, hear it maning mory boomyness les feeling it.... personally i'd run FOCALS, Infinity(already do) or MTX MTX is unblowable so if ur worried about blowing subs or u wanna pount the $hit outta them go with MTX MXS series

Old 05-11-2005, 02:04 PM

[sm=smiley20.gif] i can vouche for mtx i used to run 3 tens that hit hard but now im not into sound much anymore i just like my sound to be clear with a lil bump

Old 05-11-2005, 07:17 PM

about how much does MTX run and is there a certain type of mtx speakers that are decent or the best?

Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
peytonknows
Unregistered

if you are not looking to drop to much cash, and just want a premium bass package, maybe you should look into the powered subs, i know infinity has the basslink, which is powered by an amp,there are a couple of different variations, but my girl just wanted a little bass, so we got her that, and the install was simple and it sounds good in her mazda rx8. Although i have infinity 12's in a box with rockford amps

Old 05-12-2005, 01:25 AM

not sure i havent shopped for subs in a while .. also alpine Type R's are a great choice but again i dont know sub prices

Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 AM

The type R's are nice ant they run 220 for 12's and 200 for 10's or go with the type-E's they are like 110for 10's and 130 for 12's

Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM

I hate all U "ALPINERS" there not the greatest speakers ..... MTX good quality subs the unblowable MXS series will run u about i mean canadian funds 299 for 10's 349$ for 12's so prolly like 150-250 american......[&:] i believe lol... not good with the converting funds... Inifinity has a Kappa Perft 12.1 series better then its basslinks series i'm running them myself there pretty sick $hit

Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocker

I hate all U "ALPINERS" there not the greatest speakers ..... MTX good quality subs the unblowable MXS series will run u about i mean canadian funds 299 for 10's 349$ for 12's so prolly like 150-250 american......[&:] i believe lol... not good with the converting funds... Inifinity has a Kappa Perft 12.1 series better then its basslinks series i'm running them myself there pretty sick $hit
Personally I have an all Alpine setup. I've had a full MTX setup and an all Rockford setup. Alpine definitely does not make the best speakers in the world. I know this. MTX I fried the voice coil with a Phoenix Gold MS2125 at 1 ohm, who cares that doesn't mean that are or aren't good, things jsut happen. Rockfords...too much bass for my car. Personally all three of the setups had their own quirks. I'm in to SQ not waking the world. A type-r 12" is like $100. The Infinity Perfects are another god choice. There's so many decent speakers out there...try visiting some shops and listening to them yourself. Most can only offer ideas based on what they've used.

Quick Reply: Accord Custom Speakerboxx