Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

After market auto start

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Default After market auto start

My boyfriend just had his car in the shop, and had to get a rental. Now the rental wasn't all that great, but it did have auto start which I thought was cool. Now I'm looking at putting that on my car but I'm not really sure if that's a good idea. I just wanna know if people can do that without screwing anything up. I really want to get that put on my car.

Also, I'm looking for nice floor mats for the car. I want ones that are from honda but aren't really expensive. I'm looking for inside the car (2 door) and for the trunk.

If anyone could give me any advice, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Old 08-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Not sure if your talking about an alarm with remote start, or have a push button to start the engine. I'm going to assume your talking about remote start. If you have installed a couple of alarms before you should be able to handle installing a remote start equipped alarm. If you haven't, well I would invest the money to have someone install it for you. A normal alarm can be a bit intimidating to install, one with with remote start is even more intimidating. I had remote start on my last car and loved it, more benefits than just remote start. Not exactly sure if it worth the money or the gas wasted, but if that's not an issue than it's a very nice feature.

EDIT: If you take your car to a good alarm installation shop they will not mess your car up, but be prepared to pay a good amount of money to get a remote start installed. Should be close to or more than $200 with the ignition bypass unit.