Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Air conditioning stopped one month after HU install (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/air-conditioning-stopped-one-month-after-hu-install-24968/)

zachyzissou 04-23-2009 08:47 AM

Air conditioning stopped one month after HU install

After installing a new headunit everything in my car worked perfectly, about one month after the air conditioner would no longer come on. the screen on the stock hu still works and the little bars light up for the fan speed as well as the temp its at but no air. I took it to a local shop and they told me it was something to do with the aftermarket head unit.

any thoughts or ideas would be excellent.

t00fatt 04-23-2009 10:52 AM

So do you have the stock HU still in place with the aftermarket in the lower cubby? If so never go back to that shop, the HU and HVAC harness are two totally separate harnesses. So a aftermarket HU is not going to have any affect on the HVAC controls. Now if you have the metra install kit that replaces the stock HU, then you may have a problem with the metra kit.

zachyzissou 04-23-2009 01:43 PM

yeah i still have the stock HU and an aftermarket one in the cubby hole. I've now taken it to both places and neither could figure it out. At the audio place he said he tested the compressors fuse and the amount of power going through the fuse was very faint. And the auto repair place said the compressor wasn't getting any power at all.

t00fatt 04-23-2009 03:43 PM

I know nothing about A/C systems, but I do know for a fact the aftermarket HU will not affect the A/C. There is a separate harness for the HVAC controls, and since you even still have the stock HU they didn't even have to touch that when installing your new HU. Try making a post in the general tech forum, you can get a lot of good help there.

caryabhi123 05-05-2009 05:57 AM

I had also faced similar problems.

t00fatt 05-05-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by caryabhi123 (Post 170054)
I had also faced similar problems.

LOL where have you been all my life. Don't know what I've been doing without your wonderful advice...

jetking 05-14-2009 02:41 PM

Air conditioning stopped one month after HU install

Impala that intermittently 'surges' whenever Im pushing the gas after trans
lockup? ... How do you install a amp to a Impala head unit? [Edit categories]
... Where is the Air conditioner drain line located on a 2002 Chevrolet Impala?
... Brake light flashing on dash of 1963 chevy impala can't get it to stop The

t00fatt 05-14-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jetking (Post 171405)
Impala that intermittently 'surges' whenever Im pushing the gas after trans
lockup? ... How do you install a amp to a Impala head unit? [Edit categories]
... Where is the Air conditioner drain line located on a 2002 Chevrolet Impala?
... Brake light flashing on dash of 1963 chevy impala can't get it to stop The

WTF kind of spam is this? You have to be a bot, that didn't even make sense... Please GTFO.