Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

amping factory speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Default amping factory speakers

Somebody told me my factory speakers can sound louder and cleaner if I amp them. I wanted to know if anybody has done this with any results and if I can do it with some 2ch amps I have on hand and an oem amp interface

Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Default RE: amping factory speakers

It should help the clarity and volume, just make sure that you don't push to much power to them and blow them, I've never personally amped factory speakers but I have seen it done on more than one occasion and it sounds better, if you've got the amp laying around I'd do it

Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 PM

u can amp but, don't give 2 much power remember "factory"

Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 PM

More power ALWAYS sounds better.

But as mentioned, make sure you dont overdrive them. Overpowering speaker is what kills them. Use common sense with the volume tho and youll be fine.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:41 AM

well i really do not know that much about amps and such but i have a pioneer gm-x862 that somebody gave me i think it might overpower the speakers

i also have a rocker fosgate punch 200a 4

does anybody think i can do anything with these and my factory speaker? I don't really have that much money to buy new amps and subs

Old 07-14-2007, 10:40 AM

You could use either one, just be sure that you don't crank it, as long as you listen at a normal human level you'll be fine, but if you crank it up and rock out you won't be rocking for long... as someone said use common sense, if it hurts your ears or someone else's then chances are you're about to torch a set of speakers.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 AM

Plus, your speakers will likely tell you when theyre being overdriven. If theyre popping or distorting badly they are being pushed too hard.

Remember, the only things that kills speakers are building up more heat in the voice coils than they can dissipate and pushing the suspension beyond its limits. Remember and be mindful of that and you should be ok.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 PM

thanks guys i think that sounds like what i needed to know i might do it i might even buy some aftermarket 6x9's to handle the extra power (i might need to if i burn my factory speakers)

Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 AM

buddy, i highly doubt factory speakers can handle much more than what the factory deck puts out. and if your goin through all the trouble of runnin wires for an amp, why not just get better speakers?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i would buy the speakers first, then worry about amping them

Quick Reply: amping factory speakers