Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Audio outputs (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/audio-outputs-727/)

danny6996 06-22-2005 10:16 PM

Audio outputs

Does the EX Accord head unit come with audio outputs for amps, or do I have to use line output converters? I have the 6 disc, with XM, no navigation. Thanks guys.

danny6996 06-22-2005 10:21 PM

RE: Audio outputs

Its on 05 by the way.

remington870_20ga 06-23-2005 06:31 PM

I have answered this question time and time again, so much that I can detect it when one start to even type the question. Your answer is no. It does not exist. You need to get a hi/lo converter. Or you can just swap a new radio in... which will do you better.

danny6996 06-23-2005 07:31 PM

Only problem is, the 6 disc is in the dash and the front of the unit has a funky pentagon shape, I dont care what deck you put in there it's still gonna be funky. Anyway, yeah i figured as much, I'm just gonna go with the output converters.

theycallmerickjames 06-23-2005 07:50 PM

I just put my subs in today, so i can assure u that there are NO outputs. I have an 05 too, and i used the converter. works like a charm!

AND you don't have to replace the "pentagon" shaped radio... That can stay in there, u just have to keep power to it if u have the EX dual climate control AC thing. They make a replacement pocket dash kit.... And it looks great..... here's the link

http://scosche.com/scosche.aspx?Cate...ItemID=HA1573B

danny6996 06-25-2005 02:57 PM

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna stick with the stock unit for now. I was hoping for a miracle cuz I'll be running 2 mono amps and a 4 way, so that means I'll need to run one signal to my 4 way and split the other signal to the mono's. If it sounds like crap I'll upgrade the head unit.

theycallmerickjames 06-26-2005 12:03 AM

before u do that.... at best buy we have a 4CH high/low converter..... speaker wire in, RCA's out..... hooray

remington870_20ga 06-26-2005 02:38 AM

ORIGINAL: danny6996

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna stick with the stock unit for now. I was hoping for a miracle cuz I'll be running 2 mono amps and a 4 way, so that means I'll need to run one signal to my 4 way and split the other signal to the mono's. If it sounds like crap I'll upgrade the head unit.
No offense RICKJAMES... but i dont trust best buy. I have numerous accontsof fixing best buy problems. any way, if you want superior sound, score Eclipse procuts, like digital prossecors and equalizers to get excellent sound whilst maintainting your stock h/u. might I reccommend Dayton Subwoofers. here is the link: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-414 these are by far one of the best subs I have heard and I am PICKY when it comes to it. Dont worry about the low price, they MAKE them, thats why they are cheap... i havent heard a high end sub that clips as low as they do. good vibes to ya

theycallmerickjames 06-27-2005 12:08 AM

speak for YOUR local best buy.... not all best buys are the same.... At the best buy i work at, we do POOP right!!! i know some best buys suck, but you can't say they all do

what's your beef with best buy?

remington870_20ga 06-27-2005 11:13 AM

I apologise. I was referring to my local Best Buy. Come to think of it, once I was in there and I actually saw this dude drop a huge friggin Rockford amp! He just shrugs and continues on what he was doing!

theycallmerickjames 06-27-2005 01:03 PM

ha, oh well. If everyone were as smart as we were remmi, we wouldn't be all that freat, now would we? for every genious there has to be a dumbutt somewhere

danny6996 07-02-2005 04:41 PM

lol yeah I used to work at best buy too, my boys in the install bay took care of me at my old store and hooked it up clean. I'm running all alpine components. 3 amps total, one 4 channel to the interior speakers, and 2 mono's, 2 type r subs and all the mids we're replaced too. It sounds cool but I'm definately gonna go with an alpine deck to have the best signals to the amps and the most control. Thanks for all the input guys.

theycallmerickjames 07-02-2005 11:51 PM

heck yeah buddy, best buy hooked him up clean remmi! [:-] so eat that, LOL

remington870_20ga 07-06-2005 01:31 PM

Then you need to get your tail down to the Best Buy in Charleston and walk around pimp slapping them for putting a tarnish on your reputation! :D

[sm=pimp.gif]

theycallmerickjames 07-06-2005 03:41 PM

let me grab my big purple fur coat, with lizard skin collar.... my big purple hat with the ostrich feather, and my white point tipped alligator slippas and just drive on over in my big pink cadillac streeeetch limo, and teach them sissies a thing or two.....

I'M RICK JAMES, xxxxx AH SLAPP![sm=hail.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif]

WheelBrokerAng 07-09-2005 10:44 AM

And That RicJames is what's wrong with BEST BUYS..I saw the same thing with a skid of Woofers & Amps being flipped on its side in my best buy..no one could of cared less that it happened..

WheelBrokerAng
HI Remmy...how was your trip?????

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

I apologise. I was referring to my local Best Buy. Come to think of it, once I was in there and I actually saw this dude drop a huge friggin Rockford amp! He just shrugs and continues on what he was doing!

remington870_20ga 07-09-2005 01:16 PM

It was great... I tell you what, I sure loved my Civic but it was REALLY hard getting back into it after a 1300 mile pimp fest in my fathers 03 Range Rover. It was kinda funny, the last 30 mile stretch to Dallas, this big like redneck dude with an over done Dodge dually was trying to dog me. He was obviously proud of himself until I threw the BMW 7 series engine into sport mode.... it was funny, I could clearly see his upset face in my side mirror!:D Dallas was pretty much one giant shopping mall and the food wasnt that great either. But, none-of-the-less, I had a good time. It was interesting, Dallas was full of Honda Civics and Accords. Also the truck thing there is funny, almost like the more plastic crap you have on your truck, the cooler you are.

You are the only one that even asked how my trip was! Thanks.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...124/smallr.JPG

remington870_20ga 07-09-2005 01:20 PM

^^^^ Thats an acutal pic of my fathers Rover I took, then spruced it up.

WheelBrokerAng 07-09-2005 06:53 PM

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed that trip.
I usually kinda sit back and read all this forum daily and sometimes do a little editing (as you have seen) but I do notiice those things like you going on your trip..I'll have to send you a picture of a Range with 24" rims on it that I sold a sports star here in the area...Awesome looking Ride it is..

Later my friend...
WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

steev 07-11-2005 01:37 PM

http://www.bestbuysux.org/

just for those of you who think it's one store...i know there's a few locations with good staff, but when i look at best buy at a corporate level, it's not worth my time to shop there.

-s