Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audio question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

excessive is a great alt. and they stand behind their product. I bought one and later decided to switch it to an external reg. I shipped it back and all I had to pay was to ship it to him. nate rewired it at no charge and overnighted it back to me without charging me for the shipping back.

also there is a little over 9 cubes in the trunk of an accord. my box for my two 15s is right around 6.5 cubes after displacements. the only real problem is the port is going to be a little small if you do it the same way I did. I have 62 sq in of port.

also on the battery I got a deca intimidator. not as flashy as an xs but has the same power ratings and is agm. it was like 180 before shipping.

Last edited by neophyte; 04-01-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I paid $130 shipped for my alt with a 1 year warrenty.

I am trying to get you to understand the size of our trunks.

That box has a net of just over 2 cubes per driver.

You will not be able to get a box with over 3 cubes per driver plus port, wood, and driver displacement unless you build the box in the trunk.

Looking at Neo's build that is something I would never do.

Plus I can slide my box forward and get my spare tire out (which I just had to do 2 weeks ago when i had a blowout on the interstate)

Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM

very true. if you want 15s the box is semi permanant. gonna need a recip saw to pull it out. and you will definately loose the stock location of the spare tire.

if you do them straight across the front and do a aero port out the deck. you may be able to have the box short enough to stand the spare tire up in the rear of the trunk. you will either have to cut into the top of the box or get shallow mounts for the rear deck or come up with another creative way to get them in there.

and in all honesty you could probably get just as loud with a single high end 15. I am a gpi dealer and by the time my car is finished it is intended to be a demo car. so impressive looking is almost as important as the volume and sq. there are trade offs to be accounted for for everything. my two 15s are the way i went for more than just one of the reasons. it was a decision that I decided would be best for my goals.

what are your goals with putting two 15s in the car? if it is just loud, I think it is important to be aware that there are people hitting 150s with a single 10.

Last edited by neophyte; 04-01-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I agree, I know that I'm going to have to give up my entire trunk to fit the subs properly ... That's the first thing I told my boy at his shop, spare tire and all he can have it. I had my mustang box built inside the trunk as well after my 12" cvr in a sealed box wasnt cutting it... Lost it in an accident thou... Sounded decent with two 12" m3 running off a 1000 d... Anyhow, I rember having a 8" bazooka tube, 10's, a few sets of 12's and now I just wanted to own my first pair of 15's =)
Don't plan on competing even thou i would like to know what it will do on a meter after everything is done... Now that I think about it, they haven't had a db drag or any kind of sound off in years around here.

Last edited by Littles21520; 04-03-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies

But thanks neo, I'll see if nathon has time to build me a alternator...
I'll try to upload some picture of everything once everything comes in...
I'm all ears to advice, thanks everybody!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 AM

completely understandable. I think if that is what you want then go for it.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So I finally installed all my equipment but I'm not sure how to upload pictures... I'm using my iPhone can it be done? Im kinda of a square at these type of things lol Can anyone help me post pics plz

Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Littles21520
So I finally installed all my equipment but I'm not sure how to upload pictures... I'm using my iPhone can it be done? Im kinda of a square at these type of things lol Can anyone help me post pics plz
I will pm you my email addy.
Send them to me and I will post them for you.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM

here are the pictures of the install

Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM

Quick Reply: Audio question