Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

AUX for 99 Accord with Bose cassette player

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Default AUX for 99 Accord with Bose cassette player

Hi

I just bought a 99 Honda Accord and it has Bose system with 8 speakers + sub. I have no interest to change the head unit (it suits great and no thieves want it), but I would really want to listen to music from my iPod or CDs.
I found there are some kind of adapters to make AUX from cd changer input. Has any of you tried one? I have a cable in the trunk with 8 pin plug, I guess the previous owner took the CD changer out from there. Also if you know is there any plug&play CD changers?
I appreciate any help.
Here's an image of my head unit:

Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

there are these little cassette things that have a cord coming off of them with a headphone jack. i am sure there is a way to do what you are asking. but you can pick these tape adapters up from walmart for like 20 bux. this would get you by till you found what you were looking for.

here is what i was talking about for $6
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CHEQ8wIwAg#

Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by neophyte
there are these little cassette things that have a cord coming off of them with a headphone jack. i am sure there is a way to do what you are asking. but you can pick these tape adapters up from walmart for like 20 bux. this would get you by till you found what you were looking for.

here is what i was talking about for $6
Maxell CD 330 - Car cassette adapter
Thank you for your reply! Thing is that it was my first thought too and I bought it from a local audio shop, but it doesn't work... it plays like 2 seconds and then the player starts changing tape side and then ejects it.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 PM

the adapter could be messed up. i would return it either way if it is not working. there should be an aux in on the back of the head unit. i would imagine a high end deck like that would have one. you said you have a connector for a cd changer. if you could take a pic of that it may help. also have you pulled the deck to look at the back to see if that plug plugs in as rca's or if you have an additional rca input?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by neophyte
the adapter could be messed up. i would return it either way if it is not working. there should be an aux in on the back of the head unit. i would imagine a high end deck like that would have one. you said you have a connector for a cd changer. if you could take a pic of that it may help. also have you pulled the deck to look at the back to see if that plug plugs in as rca's or if you have an additional rca input?
I tried, but they said it must be my players fault.
I haven't pulled it out as i've heard its complicated (have to remove the dash). I'll get some photos soon.. my vehicle is Europe edition so we might have some differences.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 AM

if it is like the 2000 it is not difficult at all.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

The cassette adapters are a waste of time.

Yes, you can turn the cd changer socket into an AUX input. You just need to find the model. PAC-audio may have one. I can look later.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
The cassette adapters are a waste of time.

Yes, you can turn the cd changer socket into an AUX input. You just need to find the model. PAC-audio may have one. I can look later.
Thanks for the advice! I checked their website and found this Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future
It has a socket for that same plug i have in my trunk. Would be great if i could just connect it there and get the auxillary 3.5mm cable from trunkt to front with an extension cable. That way i wouldn't have to mess with getting the radio out
Is there any easy way i could test if that 8pin cable i have in the trunk is actually connected to the radio?
EDIT: my bad, seems like the 8pin is the line out from this adapter

Last edited by marth; 04-29-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Pulling the factory radio takes about 5 minutes.
http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...NST95-7801.pdf

Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

You have the right part. You need the vehicle specific harness to mate with the factory changer plug.
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_011207.pdf

Quick Reply: AUX for 99 Accord with Bose cassette player