Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Aux Input for 2005/06 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Aux Input for 2005/06 Accord

Would like to install a aux jack for a 2005 Accord. What's a good site to get the parts and instruction? Easy enough to do it yourself? Thanks.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Search here and google. We cover this weekly.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
rio
Default Soundgate hond03 input to amp...?

related question...

I have the Soundgate hond03 aux input on my factory h/u. I'm installing an amp. Is there a blue aux wire on the soundgate that I can run to me amp for turn on?

I've googled a good bit looking for a wiring diagram of the soundgate - no luck.

Even the 14-pin plug - any thoughts?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:52 PM

While I don't know about that interface, the AUX interface I have pulls power from the radio itself. Just use any power source that is hooked up the ACC1. You can go to the fuse box, or just tap into the wiring on the front cigg lighter.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
rio

Yeah - I know I can just tap the fuse box - but was thinking that this actually might be the answer to another post of mine (question about power coming from sdhond03). I'm thinking that maybe the aux power is running to the SDHond03 (the same way it would be running to the CD changer (if I had one))

To reiterate - When I had first hooked up my satellite radio to the soundgate, I plugged in the rca to 1/8 plug - and it powered on ym satellite radio - no power plug in at all.

Since I've no separated it with a line driver and 2 gli, it no longer powers it - but - has me thinking that the ground loop might be because of this 'back wired power'

So, I'm thinking - if the SDHond03 in fact has the aux power in it (and a ground) - disconnecting those wires from the cable - and running the to my amp (the aux +) - I would kill 2 birds with one stone. Kill the excess whine - and power the amp...

Make sense?

Last edited by rio; 04-11-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: brain moves faster than fingers...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:10 PM

I'm not really following as I have no idea what interface you are talking about. Now if the power source you are talking about is coming from the OEM HU at any point, I wouldn't use it. I would be concerned running both interfaces and an amps relay off the power the HU puts out through that plug. Unless it's an ACC line you wired up for the interface than that will be fine. It's really quick and simple to just tap into that cigg ligher, you have to get to it anyways when doing that stuff.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 PM
rio

Sorry - mistyped product model...

I have the SNHOND3 (pictured below)

By just plugging the 14-pin plug into the back of my factory head unit - and then plugging a 1/8 to rca cable between my satellite radio and the rca plugs on the SNHOND3 - it powered up my satellite radio.

I would be looking to find the Positive power that is being transmitted through the 14-pin plug and routing that to the remote/aux power on my amp. I would also be interested in finding any gound power that is being sent - and disconnecting that - since I have always had poor ground/ground loop issues with my satellite radio - despite having them all on the same ground wire (even though I will be taking your advice fatt and running a clean common ground for teh factory stereo, line driver, and satellite radio)

Follow now?

basically looking for a wiring diagram for the 14-pin output...

Old 04-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Wait so your saying your sat radio, not the OEM on right like a universal one, is being powered by the RCA connection? That makes absolutly no sense, and is probably why your getting alt whine. Have you tried connecting the sat radio to power to see if that goes away? I definlty wouldn't run it the way you have it. The RCAs are not transmiting power at all. They are just caring a low voltage analong audio signal. What ever you do do not run your amps remote line off that harness. Last thing you want to do is over load that circuit and fry your HU. Do not go and chop the ground in that harness either man, don't mess with that harness. Your problem is coming from powering you sat unit over RCAs, how that's even possible is above me. If you still want to change the ground, replace the ground for the HU, not just in that harness.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:22 PM
rio

And i was clueless as well - totally awe'd...

I had that as my setup for all of 2 minutes to actually tinker and make sure that the RCA were back powering it.

Since - the setup is now... Headunit - SNHOND3 - GLI - Line Driver - GLI - Satellite Radio - with the satellite radio and line driver taking tapped positive power from the cigarette lighter and sharing the same ground as the radio -

still have some whine...agrevating...

But - while I'm running wires through my dash - going to run a fresh positive and ground for the satelltie radio and line driver and radio (keep radio positive - but share new fresh ground)

I'll prob just use an acc1 positive remote from the fuse box as you suggested...I just need to find some expty fuses (which should't be too ahrd on an lx).

But - yeah - that backpowering the satellite radio is what I think is the problem with my whine - and really - not way beyond what I'm doing to fix it aht I cna thnk of.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 PM
KALA
Unregistered
Default mp3

i have a 2005 honda accord and i want to play my mp3 player... please help...

Quick Reply: Aux Input for 2005/06 Accord