Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Car Radio Code Number

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:59 AM
roman
Unregistered
Default Car Radio Code Number

Greetings,

I had problems getting my car radio on when i changed my weak battery with a new one. I don't have the code number with me. My car is Honda Accord 98 model. How can i get the code number.

Regards

Fred Roman

Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Default RE: Car Radio Code Number

you'll have to get the serial number and contact a dealer

Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM

look in your cars glove box. Alot of times you can find the 5 digit number there on a little white sticker. If not, look in your owners manual. Should be in thre on a card that says "radio code"

Old 01-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yes the car came with two cards that had the code on it. also, if you have the owners manual, it may be written in there on a page. i think there may be a special place on the car that has the code. like was said previously though, youll prolly need to contact a dealer.

lightshow

Old 01-20-2006, 11:47 AM

I never found the code for my '98 and had to pay $90 to reset it. I ended up going to a local mechanic who did it, because the dealership was charging me more money.
If a local mechanic can do it, does that mean I can do it myself?

Old 01-20-2006, 03:14 PM

a local mechanic reset your radio? Does he deal with honda's or did he work at a dealership. I believe they keep the codes in a database but I don't know about charging for the code

Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 PM

The dealer was charging me. Maybe it was for labor.
I don't know if he worked for Honda, but he had to reset the code and gave me a new one.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea if you pull your radio and get the serial number yourself they wont charge you. if they pull the radio they will charge you. damn 90 bucks to pull your radio. they didnt reset it, they just called the dealership.

lightshow

Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 AM

I find more reasons every day to hate mechanics and dealerships. And this was supposedly someone I trusted !!
[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

yea if you pull your radio and get the serial number yourself they wont charge you. if they pull the radio they will charge you. damn 90 bucks to pull your radio. they didnt reset it, they just called the dealership.

lightshow
Yeah thats what I was thinking because I have never heard of anyone resetting the code and giving you a new one.

Quick Reply: Car Radio Code Number