Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Car Rattling From Subs...Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Default Car Rattling From Subs...Advice Please

Other than a dynomat, what do some of you use to prevent rattling in your trunk from the subs. Does the dynomat work cause i might have to invest in that if nothing else works!

I HATE RATTLING!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Default RE: Car Rattling From Subs...Advice Please

One of the biggest things that rattles on a trunk is the license plate, Take the license plate off and put some 3M double sided/padded sticky tape on the back of it and put the plate back on so that the rubber/foam sticky tape holds the license plate and doesn't allow it to rattle, that should make a HUGE difference

Old 09-25-2006, 06:30 PM

yep i did that and the actual trunk is rattling i guess. i cant figure out a cheap way not to make it rattle!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 PM

first off locate where/what exactly is rattling, turn up some music with decent bass so that it rattles, go to the back of the car and push down on differnet parts to find out where the noise is coming from then go from there, pad it/adjust it as needed.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 PM

whats everyone else here do?? anyone with a 94-97 accord know some parts of the car that rattle?

Old 10-01-2006, 02:21 AM
bangandow
Unregistered

Locate the hook that the trunk latch catches on to... the U shaped thing that's anchored to your car that it locks on to. There should be two screws there... loosen them up and push that hook down as far as you can and retighten them. It'll be harder to close the trunk, but it'll close tighter.

Also, I'm not sure if the sedans have these too... look for little rubber feet or whatever the hell you call them anywhere around there... little rubber cylinders... twist them and see if they extend out/in... both of these tricks have worked wonders for my wagon, and I'm pretty sure the trunk on the sedans is set up in the same way. Hope this made sense... if not, feel free to ask questions.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i just bought an 1inch thick and 1inch wide door weather stripping and lined my trunk around where it makes the seal, that did a great job, but you have to close your trunk hard ^_^ and i put a piece of it under my license plate, then i packed the trunk lid with egg crate foam, and put sound mat on the trunk lid pulled the liner out, and put 2 coats of duplicolor underbody coat with sound eliminator in the whole trunk im probably going to get some dynamat and do the trunk and the floor and ceiling of the car. so yeah, 4 different kinds of sound dampening in the trunk

Old 10-02-2006, 11:05 PM

aight cool thanks everyone

Old 10-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if your trunk springs are of the torshin bar type then they may bang against each other in the center of the trunk where they cross. you can wrap some foam tape around each one where they cross in the middle

Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 AM

post some pictures man!

Quick Reply: Car Rattling From Subs...Advice Please