Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

cd decks..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Default cd decks..

i own a 1994 honda accord EX, and as most already know, the stock sound system is pretty darn loud and crisp for just plain old stock. so at this point i plan on just upgrading the cd deck. The only problem is, either they dont come with the options you want, or they're too expensive. Is there a cd deck out there that comes ipod ready yet still maintains all those regular options?

thanks

-adam

Old 12-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Default RE: cd decks..

what kind of budget?

Old 12-29-2007, 04:04 PM

How about this kenwood for $170 plus shipping? (don't know anything about this store I'm just a kenwood fan)

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=KDCMP5032

Old 12-29-2007, 05:12 PM

well my budget (or the most im willing to spend on a cd deck) is around 300ish. anything in there. and i do like kenwoods, but Its hard to tell which one has the right about of stuff for the right price ya know?

Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 AM

Okay, get on ebay! Find a power seller and buy from them. I highly reccommend the Kenwood Excelon kdc-x891 for a few awesome reasons. You get the $20 dollar ipod interface cord and it controls your ipod. also has an USB adaptor that you can run a cord to a specified spot YOU want it and plug in thumb drives that you can play mp3s right off of. Also, for the stereophile (like me) you get 3 (front, rear, and sub) pre outs. All at 5 volts a piece! That's good If you wanna spend a little more, like 400 bucks you can get the top of the line cd deck from kenwood with an integrated hard drive that will hold like 350 songs or so. Other than that harddrive, the two decks are the same. Its the Kdc-x991

Here's a link to the 891:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-eXcelon-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Here you go ..... I installed this setup on my last gf's car ..... JVC-HDR1 head unit .... gives you HD radio as a bonus. Then get the JVC ipod adapter that plugs into the changer socket on the deck. I installed the iPod adapter with Velcro extreem behind the HU and ground a hole in the pocket below for the plug to go through ..... she wound up with a completely concealed iPod in the stock covered pocket and an HD radio that controls the iPod from the face ..... not to mention that it sounded great on the Polk db speakers.

EDIT: I've also installed that HU on 2 other cars.

JVC-HDR1 .... down to $140 after rebate!!!
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-l39gBUi...c=01&wm=cl

iPod interface ..... $50 .... wait for the real thing to be in stock so you get the controls through the face .... worth the $20
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-l39gBUi...x?i=257KSPD100

Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM

get he alpine CDM 9881. its really cheap and very nice. has ipod option and easy to use when driving. got at best buy for 120.it was on sale.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM

What are the options you want? Besides ipod control, do you want a parametric eq, time alignment, balanced line outputs, HD radio, or do you like to keep it simple and just want the bass, treble, and loudness options? Are you looking for a screen with nav, cause 300 aint gonna cut it (although if you find one, let me know) Also, is the rest of the stereo stock? Surely those speakers have been replaced at some point?

Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM

I would reccommend Pionner, their great. What ever you do stay away from panasonic ! they suxxorz