Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Default Dash Kit

Hey everyone I'm new to this site but not car audio.

I've done some research on dash kits for an 07 accord without the navigation and have had mixed reviews of the product offered by crutchfield.

I also know there is a kit that allows you to use the space beneath the factory radio spot. however i like using that space and do not wish to mount a cd player there.

Is there a dash kit that actually works?! meaning all the A/C controls work 100% and not intermittently?

I have a system that i took out of my old car and already i miss having subs along with speakers that dont distort

Old 09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Default PS

I forgot to ask....

Being a Crutchfield customer, I like that they send you the "master sheets"

does anyone happen to have these sheets for an 07 accord? and could possibly scan them into a PDF file?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

you have a 2007 accord, but what trim level and what factory radio options do you have now? are the climate controls built into the radio display or do you just have dumb *****?

the new kits, like from Scoche or Metra can give you replacement controls but they will never be as high quality as OEM. Metraonline.com will let you search by vehicle, then you can download the dash kit instruction PDF which will show you how to remove the head unit.

for people who want a new system but don't want to remove the integrated head unit, you can buy an integration device - something that accepts all of the speaker outputs from the head unit and gives you remote turn-on and low level outputs. some will also provide EQ, time alignment, crossovers, etc. Some will let you calibrate to the factory radio's EQ (used by OEM to protect their crappy speakers) so you get full frequency response from the system.

you can sound great with an OEM head unit - you just replace everything else.