Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dimmer switch?

Old 10-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Default Dimmer switch?

I just bought an 04 Accord 2.4 liter.

Ok, when I have the headlights on, the screen above all the climate controls and radio controls that has the clock and all the radio station information in it, that screen gets darker when the headlights are turned on.

Also, none of the radio buttons (like next track etc) light up at night. They are completely dark so you cant even see them at night. Ive looked and looked and cant find any kind of dimmer switch for it. Help?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

its the **** sticking out in your insturment pannel

Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
its the **** sticking out in your insturment pannel
Where exactly is this ****? I cant seem to find it.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 AM

it is the same one that adjust the tripometer. on my car (an 03) it is right under the gas guage and beside the temp guage.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 PM

it is the same one that adjust the tripometer. on my car (an 03) it is right under the gas guage and beside the temp guage.
Thank you. I have never owned a Honda so I am new to their interior. I will see if it works tomorrow before work.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 PM

no problem man

Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 PM

no problem man
OK, that **** lights up the dash and the audio screen...But none of the radio buttons light up (as in next track, fast forward etc.)

I was too tired to look at the fuses but can anyone confirm that they are supposed to light up? I would assume so. The buttons are pitch black at night and you cant see them at all.

Blown fuse? Ill update tomorrow, lol.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 PM

they should. but I think they are powered by the same fuse as the radio. I am thinking that your lights may be out. I am not sure. never had that problem.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:17 PM

they should. but I think they are powered by the same fuse as the radio. I am thinking that your lights may be out. I am not sure. never had that problem.
Unless all of those buttons run on 1 bulb, it would have to be a fuse or a wiring problem I assume. Does each button generally have its own bulb or what? Somebody enlighten me please.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:03 AM

Couldnt find a fuse for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dimmer switch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.