Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Dont know where to start (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/dont-know-where-start-23136/)

Sweagle02 01-24-2009 01:33 PM

Dont know where to start

I ma put a system in my car in the near future and really have no idea where to start! I want nice clean bass nuthin too flashy or rumbly. My boy said 10 s are the way to go for clean bass. I have NO IDEA where to start and that means that i don t know what anything audio means so if someone is kind enough to help me out pelase explain what you re suggesting. Thank you!

live2rice 01-24-2009 03:43 PM

RE: Don't know where to start

I am by no means a audio wiz, as its not something I find all too important. I would start by replacing the head unit with something that can hook up to an ipod. Then I would put in some nice speakers, as I would rather have quality sound than just a lot of bass. Then I would worry about subs. I used to have 3 10inch subs in my Accord, and boy did it hit hard. But then I realized racing was more important to me so I took them out. But to each his own.

t00fatt 01-24-2009 03:45 PM

Before you invest your money go out and listen to subs, it's best if you have friends but the subs at stores will do. If you listen to rap at all you don't want 10"s. A 12" is plenty clean and will give you that spl I know your looking for. If you haven't yet I would upgdrade the speakers first.

Sweagle02 01-24-2009 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Before you invest your money go out and listen to subs, it's best if you have friends but the subs at stores will do. If you listen to rap at all you don't want 10"s. A 12" is plenty clean and will give you that spl I know your looking for. If you haven't yet I would upgdrade the speakers first.
Ya man i listen to hiphop and jazz and i don't need bass for jazz lol. I don't have anything upgraded. Everything OEM. You mind coming up with a simple basic list of things for me to achieve clean bass and a good sound. Not HUGE bass, just some clean bass lines ya feel me. I don't like bein too flashy

t00fatt 01-25-2009 10:02 AM

RE: Don t know where to start

It's really not as simple as that. I don't know what you like, you have to go out and listen to setups. I can't just tell you what I like, it may not be the same. Go to brandsmart, best buy, and sound advice. The sound advice on 120 something ave and Kendall dr, has a selection of quality speakers. If I remember correctly they mainly push focals, which sound great but are too harsh for me. I would recommend some JL VRs, but it seems they discontinued the VRs and replaced them with a new line that doesn't seem as good. Although the JL C5s are still as good as ever. As for subs I would look at the 10" range. Other than a W7 I can't really think of a 10" that I really like. Not many people I know have tens, and I've never really gone trying to listen to them. So if you want a 10" I'm limited on my recommendations.

status 01-25-2009 12:02 PM

i wish i went with a 10' or 12' rather than a 15' it hits but i lost 60% of my trunk and gained 130lbs. i think i might put it on craigslist.

t00fatt 01-25-2009 12:05 PM

And it must sound horrible, a 15" audiobahn? Wow

zachyzissou 01-25-2009 05:27 PM

for only having my Alpine Type R 10" i'm going to be honest and say i'm very satisfied they just draw alot of power so your definitely going to need an upgraded battery if you go that way.
i've got a yellowtop and a capacitor and my headlights still dim. i'm not sure how many your looking for since i have two and thats pulling 1000w from my batter so yeah.

i also tried out 10" Type E's and they weren't that bad just not as powerful as Type R's.

t00fatt 01-25-2009 07:00 PM

Don't bother with type-Es, type-rs are nicely priced and good subs.

status 01-25-2009 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

And it must sound horrible, a 15" audiobahn? Wow
yeah, 2000watts is a bit much, but funny as heck when you roll up to a wankster thumpin, and i turn onsome rock and thump them out, but needless to say isnt the best.
also a great sound feature instead of a sub, upgrade all the speakers it does magic.