Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Dont know where to start (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/dont-know-where-start-23136/)

Weavz 01-29-2009 08:08 PM

Recommendation

Originally Posted by Sweagle02 (Post 152463)
Alright guys so hear me out. I came to the conclusion that i don't want any or just a little bass in the trunk. What i mean is...i want bass just INSIDE the car so when i put m windows down ppl can hear the bass but not excessive. i noticed that when ppl put the subs on their trunks rattle and that trunk rattling sounds sucks to me. I want significant bass in the car, in the speakers. If any one does not know what im sayin feel free to reply. Thanks!

I had the same requirements for my last sound system, albeit I was putting it in an Acura with the Bose factory unit. All I wanted was a little bit of bass support for the system that was already in the car, sorta like what you want. I added a single 10" Kicker Sub running off an amp that was getting it's signal from a Line Out Converter. It was perfect.

If you're trying to do it yourself, then that is the way I'm planning to do it in my 05 Accord EX. I'm not sure where to run the power line through the firewall yet, but I haven't even started the project, just doing my research.

Something to ask yourself is if you like the setup of OEM (Steering wheel controls/CD Player/etc.) If so, then add a sub, then maybe upgrade the rest of the speakers if you want something more. For me, just adding a single 10" sub is probably going to be enough. It's small enough that it doesn't take up a lot of space in the trunk.

Sweagle02 01-29-2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Weavz (Post 152597)
I had the same requirements for my last sound system, albeit I was putting it in an Acura with the Bose factory unit. All I wanted was a little bit of bass support for the system that was already in the car, sorta like what you want. I added a single 10" Kicker Sub running off an amp that was getting it's signal from a Line Out Converter. It was perfect.

If you're trying to do it yourself, then that is the way I'm planning to do it in my 05 Accord EX. I'm not sure where to run the power line through the firewall yet, but I haven't even started the project, just doing my research.

Something to ask yourself is if you like the setup of OEM (Steering wheel controls/CD Player/etc.) If so, then add a sub, then maybe upgrade the rest of the speakers if you want something more. For me, just adding a single 10" sub is probably going to be enough. It's small enough that it doesn't take up a lot of space in the trunk.

There you go man, i jus want some simple bass that bangs harder than the OEM speakers. I've been suggested to change the head unit, upgrade the speakers but i don't know the last step/steps! Anyone?

t00fatt 01-29-2009 10:01 PM

There are tutorials all over the net on how to remove the stock speakers and stock HU. If you want a high quality sound I would recommend getting rid of the stock HU. The stock HU has a built in EQ that is supposed to make the stock speakers sound good, and kills the quality.

Weavz 01-30-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sweagle02 (Post 152607)
There you go man, i jus want some simple bass that bangs harder than the OEM speakers. I've been suggested to change the head unit, upgrade the speakers but i don't know the last step/steps! Anyone?

The "Last Step"? The first thing I would do is go to a local car stereo shop. Tell them what you want to achieve, and how much you want to spend, they'll figure something out for you. Do you want us to pick out everything for you? If you like, I can order some stuff for you online...just need your credit card. :D Take someone's advice and go with it, that's all I'm trying to say.

finch13 01-30-2009 12:04 PM

I would only go to a car audio shop to listen... their prices are ridiculous. They told me they would install my alarm for $350... on a $200 alarm. Just stupid.

Audio wiring has got to be one of the simplest things to do a on a car, just DIY.

Weavz 01-31-2009 09:53 AM

Let us know what you end up doing, and how it turned out.