Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

door bell chime

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 PM
aka22
Unregistered
Default door bell chime

hey guys, again i'm here for my friend who owns the 05 accord. is there anyway to remove that door bell chime when you open your drivers door with the key in the ignition? i'm also assuming if it is possible to remove it, it will stop the seat belt chime as well if not then is there a way to remove at bell as well? thanks in advance

Old 12-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Default RE: door bell chime

I'm sure if you search around you can locate the "speaker" that makes the noise and just disconnect it.... but why would you need to do that? tired of driving around without a seat belt and listening to the "annoying noise..."?

Old 12-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Don't pull out the chime. The chime is the only thing that keeps me turning my headlights off. For the seatbelt I did this for my suburban, so I would assume it would be the same for the accord, there are two wires going into the seatbelt plug, cut and connect the two wires. Until I got in my accident I never wore my seatbelt, but now the chime is even more motivation to put it on. Then the key in the ignition has always bothered people for years, so anyone who has owned a car for longer then a few years its habit to pull it half way out to shut it off. So in other words, unless you want to pull your upper off your teeth, there is no reason to do this. Best thing to do is tell him to live with it.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:48 AM
aka22
Unregistered

oh it's not that he doesn't wear his seatlbelt. he likes to keep the interior of his car really nice and clean and he always has his door open with the ignition on because his vacuum plugs into his cigarette lighter spot. so he just finds that sound annoying. so i got the answer for the seatbelt and so if i have this straight, i'll just have to search for the sound? no one knows for sure what it looks like and/or where it might be?

Old 12-15-2006, 07:33 PM

if you get a manual for the car it should have a wiring diagram to show you where the wires go/what color they are... but as far as I know the buzzer is usually under the drivers side dash (most common place for it anyway)....

Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
aka22
Unregistered

alright, thanks alot everyone. appreciate the help