Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Good Deal or Bad Deal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/good-deal-bad-deal-10952/)

tru_44 07-16-2007 11:44 PM

RE: Good Deal or Bad Deal

^ double post, but hope you find the best setup for your needs

t00fatt 07-17-2007 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: tru_44

I being truthful there are many all u have to do is look. there are 100's of brands out there many u may have neva heard of. look at spec's/ details

Specs aren't everything, not even including the tendency for specs to be false in the car audio industry, you can find a sub with great specs but still isn't built strongly. The build quality of Kickers surpass that of any other sub in the price range. If you treat them right a pair of Kickers will last you years, I bet I have two more years left on my Kickers. Also there aren't 100 diffrent brands to choose from, try more like 10...[sm=icon_beat.gif]

pyaarawala 07-17-2007 10:50 AM

Yes the install is very easy. If you were able to install your deck you should be able to do it. If anything, you can buy your subs and amp from somewhere else and have it installed professionaly at any individual business in car audio. There are plenty of those everywhere. Don't limit yourself to BB and CC, etc. Also, look into a capacitor of some sort depending on the kind of setup you buy.

smaglik 07-17-2007 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I being truthful there are many all u have to do is look. there are 100's of brands out there many u may have neva heard of. look at spec's/ details

Specs aren't everything, not even including the tendency for specs to be false in the car audio industry, you can find a sub with great specs but still isn't built strongly. The build quality of Kickers surpass that of any other sub in the price range. If you treat them right a pair of Kickers will last you years, I bet I have two more years left on my Kickers. Also there aren't 100 diffrent brands to choose from, try more like 10...[sm=icon_beat.gif]
we need an icon for match'

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

maybe this guy drinknig what appears to be oil can substitute

Kyle 07-17-2007 10:46 PM

MTX subs any good. Crutchfield has a 2 for 1 deal going on on mtx subs. So to be a cheap shopper that sounds good. But i have no idea what subs are good and bad besides xplod

tru_44 07-18-2007 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

........ kickers are nice andare spl subs. what if someone wanted a sq subsuch as a tc, fi, xxx, allhigh end brands around same price of L7but out perform in sq. I'm sayin thatthere are subs in same price range that do great and people look for different things in a sub.So i understand kicker is a quality brand but there are others.:D
[sm=icon_beat.gif]

tru_44 07-18-2007 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Kyle

MTX subs any good. Crutchfield has a 2 for 1 deal going on on mtx subs. So to be a cheap shopper that sounds good. But i have no idea what subs are good and bad besides xplod
the higher models are good haven't really tested lower models

Kyle 07-19-2007 01:06 AM

I think im going to get a pair of Kicker Comp VRs. Found this on ebay. Only thing that looks fishy is the sound storm amp. Would i have to end up replacing the amp after a month because it overheated and blew up

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-KICKER-CVR12...QQcmdZViewItem

smaglik 07-19-2007 08:53 AM

wtf is sound storm? i would be wary of anything that cheap, honestly...unless I could verify the model of the stuff being sold

Arent good amps usually a couple hundred....100 for an enclosure like that...100 per sub....so maybe 400?

Kyle 07-19-2007 09:08 PM

yeah. Probably just buy the subs and that stuff seperately or find a better deal on ebay that a sound storm amp

t00fatt 07-20-2007 10:00 PM

........ kickers are nice and are spl subs. what if someone wanted a sq sub such as a tc, fi, xxx, all high end brands around same price of L7 but out perform in sq. I'm sayin that there are subs in same price range that do great and people look for different things in a sub.So i understand kicker is a quality brand but there are others. :D
[sm=icon_beat.gif]
While that is all true you forgot one small thing. This topic is a about budget system, not a high end system. There are ofcourse brands better then Kicker in the high price rage. I was specifically talking about Kicker CVRs. It is my personal opinion that they are the best built subs for the money. If you look around you can get a pair for under $200. You honestly can't beat that considering the subs will last you years.

WheelBrokerAng 07-20-2007 10:16 PM

Now after reading all of those post's , Ive got to say..darn good bunch of posts..Thanks Members forkeeping it nice and tame thru-out the forum..
That's Why We Have The Best Forum:

WheelBrokerAng

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/90FB5D84E3C1463B80C14A105F75A69B.jpg[/IMG]

MacLeod 07-22-2007 04:58 PM

MTX are VERY solid subs. Ive had several over the years and Im here to tell you that they are virtually indestructible.

I had a 150 watt 8 running off a 400 watt amp for a couple years and never had a problem.

They have plenty of output and sound very nice too. Considering their price they are some of the best subs on the market. I know they have a "stink" attatched to them for being sold in Circuit City forever but I would easily stack them up agaisnt any other brand out there in SPL or SQ. They may not be the best but they will definitely hold their own.

tru_44 07-22-2007 07:29 PM

I think im going to get a pair of Kicker Comp VRs. Found this on ebay. Only thing that looks fishy is the sound storm amp. Would i have to end up replacing the amp after a month because it overheated and blew up

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-KICKER-CVR12...QQcmdZViewItem
this is a bad deal.......over priced, amp is low quality. I would compare that amp to pyramid. box is just for looks and sub prob will not perform like they should in them.

Kyle 07-23-2007 02:36 PM

yeah i think what im going to do is get 2 12" comp vrs off of ebay for like $100 then take them to this place nearby and have them install it. Ill get the amp and all that stuff from them. Thats my plan. Thanks for all the input guys

Kyle 07-24-2007 07:29 PM

Well now mom says that the 2 subs for 100 seems fishy since crutchfield and other places sell 1 sub for 150. Anyone have experience with buying subs off ebay. Is it safe to do or is it like she says. Get what you pay for

tru_44 07-24-2007 07:50 PM

lol it's ebay. many things are mostly cheaper than of regular sites. I buy mainly off ebay. using paypal. It's mostly about who u are buying from, check their feedback maybe communucate with them first.

smaglik 07-24-2007 09:56 PM

Well now mom says that the 2 subs for 100 seems fishy since crutchfield and other places sell 1 sub for 150. Anyone have experience with buying subs off ebay. Is it safe to do or is it like she says. Get what you pay for
it is what it is...tru has some good advice, but there is nothing wrong with spending an extra couple of bucks for some piece of mind.

bbyaccord02 07-28-2007 09:25 PM

keep a look out in sales papers too because circuit city has been known to sell to cvr's for 150 on occasion.