Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

GPS thoughtst----best one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Default RE: GPS thoughtst----best one?

i think i shall just change it to mamasita language

Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

mine is australian.. sounds like Claire from Lost - yum

Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM

I didn't know you could change the navigator haha. that's cool. I'll have to try it. I love it when you miss a turn or something, or if you know a different route to where you are going and you turn off course - it will say in a disgusted sounding voice: "recalculating"

Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 PM

or dont u love it when it tells u to go straight then make a right and u run into a dead end or a f*ck*n fence and on the other side is the street u need to get to. so when theres no streets lamps and you cant see behind you or in front of you and need to make a uturn and u f*ck*n back up into a telephone pole just to get to the point u need to get to .... yea.. maybe those gps systems should say something in chinese so it screams at me when ur heading into something "sdhfklahsdkhfks!"

Old 05-13-2008, 04:49 PM

What I *HATE* is that we have HUGE highways up here and the service roads are actually named roads (3-4 lanes wide) themselves....

What that means is when I use navigation software (whether it be GPS or Google Maps or whatever) it always tells me to take these "roads" when I tell it to avoid the highway... Like that's any better!?!

I often have to venture off the beaten path by about 2-3 blocks before it finally realizes I'm just not going that way - then it'll recalc and give me a decent path --- but DAMN that's annoying to not know the route before-hand.

Otherwise, it's great!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:09 PM

My favirite is when it tells you to go somewhere, then tells you to hit a U-turn. I've had it tell me to go in circles before ..... and for some reason, it always wants to go everywhere via downtown Patterson!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

LOL

Do any of you watch The Office?!!?

If so, the BEST episode is when Micheal is driving According to his GPS and turns right, imediately when he is told. Then he drives in a lake! lmao it was great!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:22 AM

i def say go garmin, other than itssmallquirks, like when im driving down to philly and i get on the 495 here in LI. The thing is acurate to 19feet, so when i merge onto the highway it thinks im still on the service road, so it tells me to get on at the next entrance ramp, as soon as i change lanes it catches up and realizes that im on the highway. Id also like to mention that im completly dependant on this thing, i never know what road im on when im driving, i just do what the nav lady tells me to do.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

LOL

Do any of you watch The Office?!!?

If so, the BEST episode is when Micheal is driving According to his GPS and turns right, imediately when he is told. Then he drives in a lake! lmao it was great!
Lmfao. Yea.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM

Fenix .... if you don't know the roads, you'd better stay in NY. In NJ you have to know 10 different ways to get anywhere if you ever want to get there.

Another thing that I like is that it knows how to get around 1 way streets.

Quick Reply: GPS thoughtst----best one?