Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HandsFreeLink Bluetooth Streaming

Old 10-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Default HandsFreeLink Bluetooth Streaming

I just bought a 2012 V6 AWD Crosstour EX-L; no NAV. I've paired my Android phone but haven't found a way to stream Spotify over Bluetooth. I've also tried plugging my iPod Touch into the USB - HFL recognizes the iPod but does not stream the audio from Spotify.

Am I missing something or is this feature not available?

Thanks,
zp.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

does it play from music stored on the devices or other apps? - as a check that the pair is successful and audio streaming is turned on on the devices.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM

Hi, thanks.

The iPod did play locally stored music when plugged into the USB but I didn't try it over Bluetooth and I don't keep any MP3s stored on the phone. Phone calls work over Bluetooth.

I ended up just plugging my phone into the AUX port to play Spotify. This works, I just can't control playback through the car's console - which I can live with.

From what I've found by searching around, the HFL on the 2012's (at least those without NAV) don't have A2DP and won't stream high-quality stereo audio.

Thanks,
zp.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zponder View Post
Hi, thanks.

The iPod did play locally stored music when plugged into the USB but I didn't try it over Bluetooth and I don't keep any MP3s stored on the phone. Phone calls work over Bluetooth.

I ended up just plugging my phone into the AUX port to play Spotify. This works, I just can't control playback through the car's console - which I can live with.

From what I've found by searching around, the HFL on the 2012's (at least those without NAV) don't have A2DP and won't stream high-quality stereo audio.

Thanks,
zp.
ok, that's why i wanted a test of A2DP itself first - to verify it's not the app but the communication. note you do have to enable music streaming separately from phone BT on your device - and sometimes per BT connection.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Ok, thanks - I'll double check that also.

Thanks again,
zp.