Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Hello world...noob here...and thus a noob question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Hello world...noob here...and thus a noob question

What's goin' on fellas and felines(what?)? The name is Em. Just signed up hoping to get to know abt my car a little better. I have a 2007 Honda Accord fully loaded black on black. Well, I mean if we get technical it's midnight blue but the registration reads black. External dvd player, navigation etc etc. Dropped, HIDs and that's abt it...pictures after a car wash maybe?

Anyways, I have my external DVD player going through the FM transmitter and I was wondering do I have to go through the FM trans? The sound is horrible and I have to hear the flies in the back all the damn time. Annoying like tyson's voice. Thanks!!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Talking Hi Noob

Welcome to the forums...I moved you over here for our stereo men to help you out...we have a good bunch of experts here in this correct form for a question like yours..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Pacific Accessory Corporation and USA Spec sell vehicle specific OEM interfaces that allow you to add axillary inputs, ipod control, etc. to factory head units.

search their websites, enter your vehicle information, and search through. i could give you a direct link, but it's good to do the search yourself and see what else they have for your sweet ride.

price is between $100-180 typically.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Welcome to the forums...I moved you over here for our stereo men to help you out...we have a good bunch of experts here in this correct form for a question like yours..

WheelBrokerAng
I appreciate that sir!

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Pacific Accessory Corporation and USA Spec sell vehicle specific OEM interfaces that allow you to add axillary inputs, ipod control, etc. to factory head units.

search their websites, enter your vehicle information, and search through. i could give you a direct link, but it's good to do the search yourself and see what else they have for your sweet ride.

price is between $100-180 typically.

Thank you, thank you! I'll jump on those sites today and see if I like anything. If I get and don't figure anything or find anything I'll come back and bug ya'll some more!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

ask whatever questions you need. that's why we are here.

and let us know what you go with and what you think about it. real world feedback is important.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Well theres also this type of FM transmitter that splices into you radio antenna wire right where the wire meets with you radio. (think of it as its transmitting straigt into the back of the raido where the antenna plugs in) I have one for my satalite radio and it works perfectly. I never get static or anything.