Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

help in removing the DVD player-accord 2003

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
woom
Unregistered
Default help in removing the DVD player-accord 2003

Can you please show me how to remove the DVD player in accord EX, navigation, 6sp? I am trying to install a HON / AUX DMX V.2X. In order to connect to the DVD player, I have to pull it out. Thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Heliman
Unregistered
Default Hi

You need to remove the ashtray first. Do this by pulling it up and out (disconnect the wiring for the lighter and light).
Then undo the screws holding the rest of the unit and remove it (little glove box under the sat nav) and the screws securing the wood surround.
Lift the wood surround that goes around the gearstick by lifting it straight up. Disconnect the heated seat control wiring from both switches.
Undo the screws at the bottom of the dash wood surround and then pull this forward. It is clipped in at the top and may need help to release (I used a flat knife to ease the top of this until it popped out of the clips)
Once this is clear, you can then undo the 4 ten millimetre bolts that hold the dvd cradle to the car (mine were extremely tight) and then pull the whole dvd player once you have put the car in either 4th or if an auto, 1st gear to get the gear lever out of the way.

Putting it back is a reversal of the above but be warned, use a magnetic screw driver as some of the screws are low and face down and will just get lost.