Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Honda accord 2002 tweeter *help*

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Default Honda accord 2002 tweeter *help*

Hi, I'm wondering if it's hard to change the tweeter for my honda 2002 accord because if it's hard then I might just buy a pair of 3 way front speakers. If it's not hard to change then I guess I will get a pair of 2 way front speakers which comes with tweeter and their prices are the same but just not sure which one I should get at this moment :P Any suggestions? ^_^

Old 07-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

yes, it is very easy. takes seconds to pop the tweeter cover off. running the new tweeter wire is easy.

i don't recommend a coaxial 3-way for the front doors. i recommend a 2-way component system.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM

ehheh sorry man ><" now I wonder how to take off the rear speakers which are behind the back seats and on top of the trunk....I have no idea how to take out the plastic I only see 4 screws for the speakers but looks like those screws are under the plastic net or whatever the cover is called

Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

the rear deck is a PITA, but the plastic speaker covers come off easily. the four screws are for the speaker grills. just remove them and you have some access to the speaker. to get full access do the following:

remove c-pillar covers - they pop off
remove lower rear seat - one 12mm bolt offset from center in the back, clips in the front
remove rear seat side pads - one 10mm bolt on the floor then lift up
remove plastic trim around top of trunk opening (just pops off)
remove speaker grill covers (four screws each)
remove three child safety latches - cover pops off to reveal a 12mm bolt (IIRC)
remove third brake light - plastic latches can be pried from below
remove 3-4 screws from under neath the rear deck that hold the rear deck down
remove trim around key lock

then the whole thing comes off.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Good answer Mr Stereo Guru.
Very good explanation .

Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 PM

wow that's neat! how many times have you done these to your accord hehe....or you just remember them by doing it once :P Thanks again bro ^_^

Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

i've stripped the car several times. from my build log you can see that i recently stripped the rear down to build an infinite baffle frame with a removable baffle.

that is all from memory, and should be pretty close.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 AM

hehe no wonder....now I still wonder if I should get the pair of speakers with tweeter but somehow I'm still not too sure how to pop out the tweeter. Sorry I'm better with pictures with words instead of just remembering the words :P I guess I should print out your thread and figure things out hehe. I'm not a mechanic and knows nothing about cars actually :P

by the way, I'm just wondering a $106.00 pioneer is better or $130.00 sony?

I already bought the pioneer one but just want to know more. I heard people say alpine is the best or at least my friends prefer me getting alpine but then I went portland 2 weeks ago and can't find much options for alpine the one I found are pretty much around $200.00 and I'm pretty much lack of money ><"

P.S. Really thank you again for helping me out. ^_^ You really rock :P

Old 07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

you literally just pull the tweeter out, that little grille/cover just comes out. a small flat head screwdriver (with tape over the metal to protect the interior finish) will let you pry it up. there are little plastic clips that hold it in place.

i believe i took pics of my tweeter mount modification in my build log. i'll check later.

Quick Reply: Honda accord 2002 tweeter *help*