Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Honda Accord EX 96'

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda Accord EX 96'

I got a sub and changed all speakers but.... how do i change the tweeters that are like at the far front corners of the dash are they hard to get too??

Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 PM

Are they in the corner by the windshield or are they inside the plastic trim behind the mirror,take a pic so i can help u out

Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

typically you'd purchase a component set for the front speakers that comes with a separate tweeter and woofer. woofer in the door, tweeter in the factory location. if you already have coaxial speakers in the doors, you can still add another tweeter in the dash.

Parts Express has a selection of separate tweeters for sale from Pioneer and MTX. you'll need a passive crossover for it.

a pic would help. in the 6th gen, the tweeters are on a removable cover that just pops off. the real trick is integrating an aftermarket tweeter into the factory cover. each tweeter is unique. i can provide some detailed pics of past projects where i've integrated with a factory tweeter mount, if interested.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

there like in the conner right below the wind shield i wanna change them but if there hard to get to i rather wait and if they tear and it sounds bad then ill put the effort into it

Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

if there is a tweeter cover that looks to be separate from the dash, it pops off. you can check hondapartsdeals.com and look for the exploded view of your dash to see how it goes together.

mine were stupid easy to access. fabricating a mount took time.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by merykonil
  • If your Honda Accord is old and/or has high mileage, you should also replace the solenoid.
  • Never operate the starter for more than 30 seconds at a time. Allow the starter motor to cool for at least two minutes in between starting attempts to prevent permanent damage.
  • The starter replacement process is different for other models or those with a different sized engine than the 1996 to 2000 Honda Accord with a 2.2L, 2.3L, 2.7L or 3.0L engine. Consult your owner's manual or a mechanic for details.

i assume this was meant for a different thread. let me know where you intended it to be located.