Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

imprint

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Default imprint

http://www.alpine-canada.com/US-en/p...model=PXA-H100 anyone used this item and can give me some feedback?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

From what I've read briefly it isn't their best processor but can get the job done. The auto tune isn't so great, but what else could be expected. Your still able to set it up manually, but I don't think this processor has as many features as alpines others. My HU is only compatible with this processor, so I'll be picking one up eventually when the money is right. A quick search on google pulls up a bunch of info on this processor, and some good tips on tuning it with the auto tune set up. If a good processor is your main priority get an alpine HU with fiber optic output and the processor that goes with it. I don't think alpine technically makes it anymore but it still can be found.

Last edited by t00fatt; 05-29-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM

would that processor have a mic with it since i dont really know anything about manually tuning a mic would be nice

Old 06-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yeah you can buy the kit that comes with the mic, but it's really not as great as getting it tuned properly. I really don't know what I'm doing with that either. What I'm going to do is get the imprint without the mic kit, and just take it to a quality shop and pay them to tune it. But you really have to look around and find a shop that actually knows what they are doing. And I would stay and sit in the car while they do it. If your going to go for the mic kit, search the net first, there's a few good tips out there to improve the sound with the mic kit. Like for one I would turn down the bass on your sub while setting it up, the mic kit likes to bring the bass down low, and we usually like our bass a little exaggerated. The mic kit just doesn't let you set it up to your personal taste, but what is "right".

Old 06-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Yea I heard that too I've visited a few shops and got some info and I think I'm going to go with the x305 and eventually get the imprint processor a d attempt to tune it myself thanks for the info