Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Kicker Sub

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Kicker Sub

I don't know where you are looking. Are you looking at the back of the sub or the box? I have a feeling your looking at the box. There are four terminals on the back of the sub. They are all equally visible. One coil has black and red spring terminals, and the other coil is red and black with a white dot. If your L5 is a SVC then its not a kicker, I've never heard of this but maybe it's some china clone. If kicker made it, it's a DVC with no doubt at all in my mind. The L series ins;t that old, I'm pretty sure they came out in 2000. In the 90's kickers some kickers were SVC, now only the crappy comps are SVC. Your sub is already wired up inside the box.

EDIT: I'm sorry about getting off track, my main motivation here is to help others. I don't mind helping someone who doesn't know the first thing about car audio, but they have to know they don't. When people try and believe they kno something without actually putting any effort into research or even just hearing other systems it drives me crazy. Good and bad is relative, how can you say your subs sounds the best when obviously all you have heard is an L7 and other crappy subs kids have today. And yes compared to all the subs kids have the L7 can hold it's own very well. But when you put that sub up against other subs in it's range it'll be blown away. There are manufacturers that you have never even heard of, the best subs aren't huge name brands. This is all towards that clay kid who has a couple friends and his sub is better than theirs so he thinks his sub is the greatest. If your happy with your sub great! But don't argue with me that a square cone is better, you couldn't be more wrong. You obviously have no concept of physics and have a very childish mind. You are wrong, but you think your right. No matter that I've proven you wrong ever time, but somehow you find a way to THINK your right... [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM

ok your loss...by the way i had a db meter that read 138 db ..Il give it to you but I DO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Peace

Old 11-27-2008, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: skatingclaybird

I DO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!
Ok, then prove it....

EDIT: Oh and just so I can know your taste a little better, your L7 sounds good throughout the range in a ported box to you? How many cubes is it and what is it tuned at? Why do I sense you don't even know that?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 PM

2 cubes at 34 hz HAHAHAH you (busted your bubble,haha dont judge a book by the cover)

How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work?

Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM

I was assuming your running a 15" if your claiming to get 138dbs and giving it 2000w. Now I know your BSing. A 12" L7 won't take kindly to 2000w. Maybe 1500w burps. If your running a 15" that box is too small and you would have blown. Why do you feel the need to lie and exaggerate. You didn't hit 138db with a single 12" L7, and it hasn't seen 2000w more than once at the most. I don't think your aware how loud 140db is...

EDIT: Oh and I'm not judging you by your "cover" but more less by the blatant ignorance you have displayed here these past couple of days. Don't think you proved you know anything by knowing the tuning and size of your box. It's not impossible to just throw some numbers out again. That is a low tuning for a box your claiming to have great range. When an L7 in any ported box no matter how small or how high tuned doesn't sound good in the high ends. In a sealed it can reproduce those highs but they aren't very sharp. If there is any sub I've heard the most it's an L7. Everyone thinks it's the greatest and it's cheap.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Oh man.. this thread is so entertaining to keep watching him come back for more and more and keeps getting schooled each time.

Oh and by the way, Chevy's were marketed with Posi-Trac and Pontiac's were marketed with Safe-T-Trac... I thought this was common knowledge? Both are different types of limited slip differentials (LSDs). If you want a Honda variant look up Quaiffe.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Oh man.. this thread is so entertaining to keep watching him come back for more and more and keeps getting schooled each time.

Oh and by the way, Chevy's were marketed with Posi-Trac and Pontiac's were marketed with Safe-T-Trac... I thought this was common knowledge? Both are different types of limited slip differentials (LSDs). If you want a Honda variant look up Quaiffe.
Lol Plymouth isn'teven GM. That's a quote from my cousin Vinny if I remember correctly, the cat just thinks he is funny. In the movie it was a Buick Skylar and a Pontiac Tempest.

EDIT: And the response I think he was looking for was "it just does", but I wasn't about to give him the pleasure.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:27 AM

My Cousin Vinny is the sh**!

Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Lol well it turns out my bad memory was in your favor. I didn't realize you said your L7 wasn't even a 12" it was a 10". So not only are you a liar, your a very bad liar. So your telling me you feed your 10" 2000w? Then your telling me it puts out 138db? That just goes to show how little you actually know, you think those numbers are actually believable. So your also going to tell me your 10" L7 is louder than my 12" CVX just because it's an L7 and is square? While you totally ignore the fact, that not only is a 12" CVX larger(and your all about size for some reason, is there something you want to get off your chest?), the driver is even more powerful. Maybe if I say this to you for the third time it will make sense. The CVX ( NOT CVR) has the same exact driver as the L7. So they are equally powerful, only difference is the cone. There is no need to get into the disadvantages of a square cone again(). Now please how about a little honesty? If you want some help, or maybe even get to express some ideas of your own stop your sorry attempts at showing off on the internet, of all places. Not only do we not know who you are, who cares? I know no one hear could careless about my system(which isn't much of anything), I'm only hear to help others, not give out false and biased information for whatever reason you do so.[sm=rant.gif]

Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Not only do we not know who you are, who cares?
But we do know!

Name:  Picture26-1.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  12.8 KB

Quick Reply: Kicker Sub