Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

MP3 options for accords

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:42 PM
MPF
Default MP3 options for accords

I can't believe not even 2007 Accords can play mp3.... It's just a decoder chip !!

Anyways, I did search in this forum and found the following options. I wanted to know if someone has more options to add to this list.

1) factory original mp3 player >> ugly, expensive, (requires removing the compartment cover?)
2) auxiliary input / XM input >> best solution, not easy to implement... there is no "AUX IN" jack
3) FM transmitter >> depends on FM transmitter, response can be horrible if not connected straight to antenna
4) adding another audio system >> expensive, kinda silly to have two radios

I would like to have mp3 playing capabilities, but all of these solutions suck. I'm leaning towards aux input. Does anybody have any more info on this?

Thanks
Mariano

Old 12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: MP3 options for accords

I am pretty sure a few people have done this. TheyCallMeRickJames (I think thats his screenname) provided quitea bit of help. Try searching "Aux input" and I am pretty sure their is a section that explains it. Good luck!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: MPF

2) auxiliary input / XM input >> best solution, not easy to implement... there is no "AUX IN" jack
Ahh but there is! There is a plug on the bottom of the radio where the XM plugs into. There are interfaces so you can hook up RCAs to this AUX port. It is very easy to implement, you don't even need to pull the radio out. Just take out the little cubby under the radio and you have access to the port. That is by far the best looking and with best audio quality thing to do. Here is the interface, it says up to year 2005, but the 06 and 07 accord have the same HU so it will work. I hope this helps!

Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 AM

5) Honda IPOD link.

I just purchased one through a dealer. I plan to install next week, shortly after it arrives. From what I have been told, it has fairly good communication to the head unit (shows titles, playlists, etc). Whether or not this is true, I would be happy just to get the music out of it. That is the way it is in my other vehicle.

Feel free to chime in is anyone has any other knowledge of this.

Ed

Old 12-29-2006, 02:06 AM

I was told it doesn't show the song titles, but you can control the iPod with the HU and the wheel controls.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:10 AM

That's very possible, but I would be happy with that. I can buy a f*ckin Ipod and the ipod adapter for the price of the factory mp3 player.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
HATCHERB
Unregistered

I'm not afraid to work on any part of any car, but I do know my limitations. Being an older guy I have to ask my dumb question which I have yet to get an answer . I have a ZEN 30 GB MP3. Is there any way my Hybrid 2007 can connect to that with just some type of adapter and look good? I don't care about the fancy display being updated.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:43 AM
improvman
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

ORIGINAL: MPF

Ahh but there is! There is a plug on the bottom of the radio where the XM plugs into. There are interfaces so you can hook up RCAs to this AUX port. It is very easy to implement, you don't even need to pull the radio out. Just take out the little cubby under the radio and you have access to the port. That is by far the best looking and with best audio quality thing to do. Here is the interface, it says up to year 2005, but the 06 and 07 accord have the same HU so it will work. I hope this helps!
Is there a plug present on non-XM ready stereos, such as the SE? Thanks.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: improvman
Is there a plug present on non-XM ready stereos, such as the SE? Thanks.
As long as there is an "AUX" button on the radio the plug will be there. XM ready just means the car comes with the antenna. The port is used for both adding a CD-Changer or an XM antenna.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I was told it doesn't show the song titles, but you can control the iPod with the HU and the wheel controls.
Yes, you are correct t00fat song titles or artist names are not displayed on the head unit(atleast on my 06 accord). However Honda's Music Link software that comes with the OEM ipod adapter has TTS(text-to-speach) option, which, well here's the link:
http://musiclink.honda.com/
This adapter acts exactly as if you had a cd-changer connected to head unit. What you will see is CD-[0...9] Track-[0...?] on the head unit. Sound quality is very good and all wheel controls do work.

Quick Reply: MP3 options for accords