Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Music through Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Default Music through Bluetooth

I have 2010 Accord which I really love. The only thing that's been frustrating is the iPhone connection. I have bluetooth in the car as I can easily talk on the phone through Bluetooth. However, I can't seem to play music through Bluetooth. Can anyone please enlighten me if this is possible?

I'm sorry if this question was asked by someone else but I couldn't find anything in my search.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:00 PM

You probably need an Ipod adapter. This site does not technically allow you to post a link to a website so add the to the front of link below:

.crutchfield.com/S-czhOjMhVe0Z/App/Product/Wireless/Answer.aspx?g=40&q=3

Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 AM

Himm, yeah I mean I'm just using the aux cable right now which I believe would do the same job with what's available on that site. I was wondering if there is anyway I can use bluetooth to listen music from my iPhone.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion though

Old 01-13-2012, 08:45 AM

Okay, a bit of research suggests it is not possible. Guess you will have to plug in via the Aux port. That is silly that they do not allow this to work.

Play itunes music through car speakers via bluetooth? - gdgt

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

I dont know about an accord. however, a friend of mine has a 2011 ford f150 and his truck came factory with a stereo that can play music via bluetooth. so it is possible, but like I said, I dont know if there are any aftermarket adapters to do this.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Yeah, I agree. It's pretty silly. If I'm already able to use the bluetooth for phone calls, listening to music through bluetooth should be available as well. I'm pretty sure that it's available in some other cars like neophyte is saying.

I used to have a 97 Nissan Altima. I had a Sony stereo system installed with Bluetooth in it. Ironically, I was able to speak on the phone or listen to music through my phone in it with no problem.

I was hoping one of you were going to say this was a software issue, so if I was to take my car to Honda, they would update the software. Wishful thinking, heh.

Thanks for your responses

Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

streaming music on bluetooth is a completely different feature than phone calls. many bluetooth products don't do both - Honda is one of those.

you know what to do. let us know if you find a better solution.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Default Use Belkin bluetooth for auto to stream music from cell phone to car stereo

Accord does not have A2DP to stream music via bluetooth.

So, use Belkin bluetooth music receiver.

Phone -> Stream via bluetooth to Belkin --> Belkin is wired in using 3.5mm jack to AUX input.

This way, phone is never wired in to anything and you can play music wirelessly.

This device stops/start when car bluetooth receives calls.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Unhappy Bluetooth Music from iPhone to Accord 2011 navigation system

Hi

I have an Accord V6 2011 with Navigation Systems. All is working perfect as well the handsfree phone with bluetooth but my problem is that I not able to play any kind of music from the phone via bluetooth to the navigation....

Do I'm missing something ? What can be ?

Need your help guys !!

Thank You !!

Alberto

Old 10-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Default Accord 2011Navigation

So If I install this on my accord 2011 with Navigation will work ??

Thanks !!

Originally Posted by rppauto
Accord does not have A2DP to stream music via bluetooth.

So, use Belkin bluetooth music receiver.

Phone -> Stream via bluetooth to Belkin --> Belkin is wired in using 3.5mm jack to AUX input.

This way, phone is never wired in to anything and you can play music wirelessly.

This device stops/start when car bluetooth receives calls.

Quick Reply: Music through Bluetooth