Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need a lil thump in the trunk?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Default Need a lil thump in the trunk?

Hi all,
I'm pretty new to this forum, but I was thinking about getting some thump in my trunk, but don't want to spend too much money as I am tying the knot in 3 weeks! Tell me if you think this is a good deal?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099388637660

Thanks.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Default RE: Need a lil thump in the trunk?

Looks alright. If you buy it, place it in different positions in the car for the best sound (sides, toward the front, toward the rear, facing the front, facing the rear). If it doesn't sound good, return it!

StevePhy

Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Thanks man. But the only question I have left is will it work with the stock head unit? I have the 2005 Accord EX w/ XM and 6 Disc CD-Changer.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM

I would definately recommend NOT getting the kenwood powered sub. I have installed about 10 of these into different vehicles and quite frankly, they are more trouble than they are worth. With this product, bass increase is at a minimal. I have heard only one sound decent and it was in an suv, not in an enclosed trunk. My recommendations would be to get an infinity bass link. These things are the best i have heard when it comes to self amplified woofers. I have only heard these in the cab of trucks, but i am sure they would sound good in a trunk of a car and the bass increase would be great. If you do plan on getting the infinity bass link, mount the side with the infinity logo on the ground (in other words upside down). For some reason you get more bass when mounting them this way.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:04 AM

The Infinity Bass Link is only about $50.00 more. I do have one question though. Will it work with the stock head unit?

Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 AM

I bought an JL 12w6 for 150 bucks and a rockford fosgate 800 w amp and i use my stock headunit becasue i don't feel like getting rid of my 6 cd changer. It works just fine as long as you know how to wire it. If you screw up you can always buy an aftermarket dvd player

Old 07-01-2006, 01:10 AM

I'll 2nd the xplods. Came with my car when I bought them and they sound damn good for the money.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Ive always said that when you need a little Thump in your trunk to just put your Mother-In-Law in there for a while and your thump will be there .

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/C1DF6D2230E84DE88D79D8321045589A.gif[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a lil thump in the trunk?

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.