Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

new to forum, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Default new to forum, need advice

hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum so excuse my lack of car audio technical jargon =)

My friend recently gave me his 300watt rms subwoofer box, along with an Alpine amp. I bought one of those wiring kits from Canadian Tire, and I'm planning on installing it myself but I've hit kind of a snag. I'm finding it quite difficult to get behind my 6disc cdchanger stock deck on my Accord. Does anyone know where I'd find detailed instructions on removing the moulding, so I can get the RCA plugged into the back of it?

I have a 4-cylinder 2002 Accord ex-l

Thanks a lot!

Adam

Old 09-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Default RE: new to forum, need advice

bump..

Anyone know?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:04 PM

This is for a 2000 but I believe yours is about the same... let us know if this worked for you

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/1B7620502EEF47D0B1C4CE954AFF6096.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 PM

Ok, first of all thank you very much for that link. It helped greatly.

So I got the deck taken out, then looking behind it I expected to see RCA outputs. But nothing. Does anyone know how I would hook up a stock deck to an amp? I have it sitting loose in my car right now.

This is frustrating.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:04 AM

Amps usually come with a little wire harness that has a plug that goes into the amp, the other end has various loose wires and you have to splice these wires to their respective speakers, this is old school, maybe someone knows better.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:10 AM

I'm actually just trying to get the amp hooked up to a subwoofer. So I don't have to worry about wiring any speakers fortunately.

I don't think the wiring from the amp to the sub is going to be much of a problem, but I still have no idea how to get the audio signal from the headunit to the amp.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Not to sure if ive got this right but i think some people tap into their rear speakers to get the signal for their subs. My recommendation would be to go to best buy or circuit city and ask them.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:06 AM

Yeah, what 19Accord97 said. Thats what I meant about the little wire harness. You have to get the music signal to the amp. If no RC jacks then I think your going to have to use the different input jacks on the amp tapped directly from the speakers.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:13 PM

Crap. I get the feeling if I go into best buy with this problem I'm gonna end up spending $200 for the install and parts, and I already have all the cabling. I don't suppose there's some easy way to hook up the amp to the CD changer cable in the trunk(I believe my generation has this)

Old 10-01-2006, 02:35 AM
bangandow
Unregistered

You can't tap into the CD changer wires... you have to tap into speaker wires... and that is only if the amp has speaker level inputs. If the amp ONLY has RCA inputs, I'm pretty sure you need to hook it up to an RCA out. Speaker-level input is high voltage and RCA is low voltage(or I may have that completely backwards), so don't go ghetto-rigging anything unless you have speaker-level inputs.

Quick Reply: new to forum, need advice