Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Iphone 4 for my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Default New Iphone 4 for my Accord

Okay, so I got the new Iphone 4 the day it came out. I got the Blitz? Aux Ipod wire that someone here had recommended when I first bought the car, but obviously, it does not charge the new Iphone. Do I have to get a brand new Aux Ipod wire if I want it to charge my new Iphone? If so, where do I get it? It plays great through the cars speakers, and with the bluetooth, everything works well.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM

you need a usb if you want the iphone to charge. i dont know if your head unit has that. if it doesnt an alternative is the fm transmitter that is made for apple products and plugs into the(brain fart) where the lighter plugs into. that would be cheaper than getting a new head unit that has usb(if yours doesnt) fm transmitters are not as good as aux for clarity though. i do not know if both work at the same time. i can find out for you but my old fm transmitter is in a not present vehicle. if it does work and you dont like to see this dumb transmitter that is only there for charging i got an idea to keep it looking clean. fm trans. for charging; aux for audio.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM

what head unit do you have?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM

sorry and which blitzsafe product number is it?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 AM

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/honda/h.../prod_192.html

That's the one I have, the problem is, it is only for older Ipod's, so it will play music from my iphone, but will not charge it.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mihalis
Okay, so I got the new Iphone 4 the day it came out. I got the Blitz? Aux Ipod wire that someone here had recommended when I first bought the car, but obviously, it does not charge the new Iphone. Do I have to get a brand new Aux Ipod wire if I want it to charge my new Iphone? If so, where do I get it? It plays great through the cars speakers, and with the bluetooth, everything works well.
ahhh. I think you answered your own question there Mr. Member

Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Look at Pacific Accessory Corporation (PAC-Audio) and USA Spec for the latest OEM ipod adapters.

Also recognize that buying the latest and greatest the moment it comes out means you may have compatibility issues while the interface market tries to catch up.