Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Newbee radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Newbee radio problem

I had to change out headlamp bulb, driver's side. Did this by removing battery and it was easy. I thought everything is good.

NOPE! Radio is dead wanting a "CODE". This is a used car for us, so I'm defeated right now, getting the radio working. I don't have the correct code I guess. There is a 5 digit number written in the owner's manual, but does not seem to work. I guess I'll have to wait until I can call a dealer or help line.

I'm just wondering if the market for a hot Honda radio is all that, to justify this type of security.

Oh, Hello everyone.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF!

Post moved to correct forum to address problem.

Unless you can find the code, you'll have to get help from Honda. Note, that if wrong code has been entered too many time(> 5? ), the system locks and will not accept even the correct code. If this happens pull bhe BackUp fuse in underhood fuse box for 15-20 secs and try entering the correct code.

Some owners/mechanics write the code somewhere, bottom of ashtray, glove box, fuse box, etc.

good luck

Old 01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...uctions-32694/

This thread explains the steps you need to take.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the help. I will try calling Honda today. I just purchased this car a few weeks ago used. It's 2004. The driver side headlamp went out. So I removed the battery and changed out the lamp. I guess I should have gone through the wheelwell but this did not look like it was the best way. Live and learn.

I don't have all the info required by the Honda web site to get the code on line. I'll call them. I did.

Honda (and the owners manual) said to leave the radio on for one hour and this willl get the radio out of the error e code and the radio will again display code. Then I can try to get the code entered in again.

Good forum here. People have responded very quickly to my cry for help. I also own a corvette and am a member of the corvetteforum. Same helpful folks there too. Thanks again for respnoding.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by ken59
Thanks for the help. I will try calling Honda today. I just purchased this car a few weeks ago used. It's 2004. The driver side headlamp went out. So I removed the battery and changed out the lamp. I guess I should have gone through the wheelwell but this did not look like it was the best way. Live and learn.

I don't have all the info required by the Honda web site to get the code on line. I'll call them. I did.

Honda (and the owners manual) said to leave the radio on for one hour and this willl get the radio out of the error e code and the radio will again display code. Then I can try to get the code entered in again.

Good forum here. People have responded very quickly to my cry for help. I also own a corvette and am a member of the corvetteforum. Same helpful folks there too. Thanks again for respnoding.
Let the car stay on with the radio for one hour. The word "CODE" came back up again. Entered 5 digit code. Everything working OK.

ERROR E Radio CODE fix

Last edited by ken59; 01-09-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the additional info!