Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

No Bluetooth in 07 Accord Coupe w/ Navi

Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 PM
blkdymond
Unregistered
Default No Bluetooth in 07 Accord Coupe w/ Navi

I dont know about everybody else, but I personally feel jipped (even though I love the car) that there wasnt bluetooth in the 07 coupe. That was one of the main features I needed. Now I have to go and get a after market car kit. I like simplicity...not a whole lot of microphones and things using my power outlets. Does anyone know about a car kit that can be used with the microphone that comes with the Navi in the 07 coupe or if a audio car place and add something without an exterior button? Thanks for any help.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: No Bluetooth in 97 Accord Coupe w/ Navi

I'd get a headset. $35. End of story.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
blkdymond
Unregistered

I have a headset and I hate it. I have small ears and they never stay on. Very uncomfortable. Can I get another opinion Please.[&o]

Old 03-20-2007, 11:59 AM

I am sorry you dont like my opinion. Some research prior to purchasing the car would have enlightened you that the current generation of Accord is light on techie features that are available / standard on competing models. I think it is incredibly poor that my 07 does not play mp3s, but I bought the car anyway.

Some of the stand-alone navi units (Garmin, TomTom) have bluetooth capability, and they use a speaker / mic. It works ok. I've had one. I am sure there are products out therefor your needs, as you obviously have navi already. Google is your friend.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-20-2007, 12:12 PM
blkdymond
Unregistered

Its not that I dont like your opinion, its just not what I wanted to hear. I didnt have much time to pick what I wanted b/c my car was demolished in an accident and I didnt have much time b/c I had to give the rental back by a certain date (a freakin week). I love the car, the only con is no bluetooth which I think is great.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 PM

You had to give the rental back in a week?

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Who is your insurance carrier? I would like to make a mental note to avoid them....

Here are a few links...

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/roa.../driveblue.htm

http://www.behandsfree.com/

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/bluetoothcarkit.html

Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
blkdymond
Unregistered

Iwas dealing with the insurance company of the person who hit me. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Wow...that's sh*tty. I am surprised you couldnt have squeezed another week out of them. Oh well, good luck with the bluetooth!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:33 PM

Wow, that sucks. My fiance got rear-ended about two years ago and they gave her a rental for nearly a month.

As for your desire for bluetooth... and heck - why not mp3?? I have a '03 EX-V6 coupe myself and have been contemplating on buying the navigation system, purely because it is a Alpine Navigation system running a variation of Windows CE. I should first explain that I am two months away from a degree in Computer Engineering... which leads me to why I want a navi system, and how this all relates to what you were asking....
I know a thing or two about programming and hardware integration. With the right knowledge of how Alpine has done what they have so far, I should be able to add features such as bluetooth, mp3 support- say ipod control/display of songs etc without having to touch the ipod, and maybe even DVD movie support. This is all very do-able, but these types of things take time and apparently isn't something Honda or Alpine care to add into their hardware at this time. So with that said, I do plan on purchasing a navi system, and I do plan on reverse engineering the head unit software/hardware to determine how I can add the things I want, and according to your plea - others want. I am sure there are a few of us out there who would pay alot more for an OEM-looking system that does it all instead having of a bunch of wires and hardware mounted all over the dash. --- I imagine I will upgrade the car by next summer, and by next christmas, I should have some extra features like bluetooth working... depends on how difficult Alpine makes this for me.

Look back on this forum, I will be sure to post my progress... or at least a link to a website where I can document my trials and tribulations.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:02 PM

I've gone a started a website... for this and other electronic projects. I will be adding info as I get it. Check it out if you like: http://www.geekeng.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Bluetooth in 07 Accord Coupe w/ Navi