Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   quality subs? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/quality-subs-23200/)

pham9006 01-30-2009 10:35 AM

weak!!!
you want something cheap but sound good, go wit like at least sony or pioneer.

t00fatt 01-30-2009 10:37 AM

There is absolutely no need to run two subs, it's not the 90's anymore. We have high powered high quality subs now, and two subs is usually an over kill unless your are just trying to show off. Two subs on the right amount of power is not twice as loud as a single sub. What I would recommend to you is getting one quality sub that fits what sound your looking for. Two cheap subs can't get close to the SQ or even the SPL of one quality sub. If you like a bit of loudness with nice clarity, I recommend a kicker CVX. While it's not the best SQ sub it has that extra boom the top SQ subs don't have while still having good SQ.

EDIT: Please completely disregard the above post recommending a sony or pioneer sub. Sony does not make anything good in the car audio industry. While pioneer has the best HUs, their speakers, subs , and amps are not top or even good quality.

falkore24 01-30-2009 11:34 AM

DEH-P980BT ..... beeeoch!!!! LOL

t00fatt 01-30-2009 12:16 PM

LoL I see you got your HU, have you actually installed it yet?

lairdylairdy 01-31-2009 12:17 AM

haha, yeah i knew better than sony =P

that was actually my next question though was if i even needed two subs. for now i have them cause like i said, cheap as a hooker on clearance, lol

but yeah, i'm thinkin' i'm gonna go with one. is jvc a good brand? they sounded good when i went and listened to them. and 10" or 12"? i don't know if there's a difference aside from size.

and i'm a music education major, so i'm more concerned about SQ rather than thumb. i want a noticeable bass, but nothing that sounds like a hummingbird at it with a box of bb's =P

there's a guy at the college i go to with 8 15"s in his car and it sounds HORRID!

but yeah, SQ is my biggest thing

t00fatt 01-31-2009 12:23 AM

I can't say I've really heard a JVC sub but they are not known for their quality. The best SQ subs in the industry in my opinion are JLs subs, but they don't come cheap. If you just want clarity and added depth all you need is a 10". A 12" will give you that boom if that's what your looking for, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't think there aren't 12" subs with great SQ, just 10"s are a bit better.

lairdylairdy 01-31-2009 12:41 AM

yeah, i think i'll go for a 10" then. that'll save me a lot of room in the trunck too, haha =P

eh, i'm tight on cash right now, what else would i be able to get for decent quality and a more affordable price?

lairdylairdy 01-31-2009 12:41 AM

with SQ bein' the priority still

t00fatt 01-31-2009 12:50 AM

If your on a tight budget and care about sound quality I would start with speakers before adding a sub. To do it all at once is expensive, I slowly put my system together over time. Run the subs you have now for a bit of bass, get your self some quality speakers and amp them. My absolute favorite speakers are the JL C5 series, but they are like $400 a pair. I don't know why they replaced the VRs with this new lower quality C2 coaxial line this year. I love my VRs and they were only $200 a pair. I prefer silk tweeters over titanium though. You may find you think titanium tweets are too harsh as do I.

EDIT: Well it seems the C5s are now around $300 now the VRs are gone. God I wish I had enough money to re do my sound system every two years

lairdylairdy 01-31-2009 12:59 AM

already have silk tweeters in the doors and the two front door lower speakers are aftermarket as well, although i forgot what they are. the guy i bought it off of had them put in. i just need the two rear speakers up near the wind shielf replaced since they keep fuzzin' up and then i need an amp and i'm thinkin' a new HU but that's not really a concern to me right now.

any suggestions on good speakers near the rear windshield?

sorry about all the questions, i'm good with wirin' the audio systems in my friends' cars but i don't know much about audio brand names and what not =P