Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   quality subs? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/quality-subs-23200/)

lairdylairdy 02-01-2009 09:54 AM

wow, lol, good thing i asked people who actually know what they're talkin' about =P

alright then, i listen to mostly punk, ska, and hard rock, so i've decided not to worry about the sub for now until i upgrade my components, thanks guys

t00fatt 02-01-2009 11:16 AM

Ohh I know what a crossover I does, I mean how DOES it work. I'm an electronics guy and never have bee able to wrap my mind around how it is literally doing what it does.

EDIT: I also listen to mostly ska-hardcore and metal, with the occasional reggae. I would give up my sub over my speakers any day. Especially my 6.5"s have great mid bass the sub can't even handle, if you listen to rock you want that mid bass.

MacLeod 02-01-2009 03:57 PM

Youre on your own for that one bro. I can turn dials and push buttons but I havent a clue how the actual guts of these things work! LOL

831accord93905 02-02-2009 01:34 AM

try and look in to FI brand subs they are very good in SQ with their IB3 series for a 12" sub they run 169.00 and if your looking for something with a bit more bang you can take at their other models they have like five models of sub BTL being their top of the line subs with many add ons depending on what you are looking for?

lairdylairdy 02-03-2009 10:44 AM

i checked my front components yesterday when i had the door panel off to grease my window and the 6.5"s the last owner put in are fusions

those any good?

t00fatt 02-03-2009 11:08 AM

I've never heard of those. And they are for sure components and not coaxials? If you like how they sound, then I would stay with them. But there is always room for improvement. I like to spend the big bucks on home audio where I spend most my listening time, and the least chance of it getting stolen. I would love a pair of C5s, a processor a high quality HU but I'm scared of having that investment in my car.

lairdylairdy 02-03-2009 12:24 PM

well i'm not quite up to speed when it comes to car audio, so i just assumed everything in the front doors were reffered to as components

but i'm not sure

they are Fusion Encounters, i think they are a cheaper brand

http://fusioncaraudio.com/north-and-...3-product.aspx

they sound ok right now, but would they sound better with a new HU and an amp?

t00fatt 02-03-2009 12:35 PM

Those speakers are coaxials, components have the tweeter separate and incorporate a crossover between the woofer and tweeter. Those speakers seem pretty bad. They have a low sensitivity rating so they must sound even worse on a HU power. I would definitely upgrade those speakers and amp them. Like macleod said, forget the rears and invest in a quality pair up front. I would go around to different audio places, call around and see who has speakers on display. Go listen to them, and compare the brands and also compare the sound between a silk tweeter and a titanium tweeter. In a car I find titaniums are a but harsh for me, but is everyone different.

lairdylairdy 02-03-2009 12:42 PM

haha, i live in brenham for school, so the closest place besides walmart that has speakers on display is 45 minutes away =P

and the coaxials i have in now split to two tweeters

the fusions and tweeters sound ok now but given what you said i guess it would be a really good idea to upgrade once i actually start investing in the sound system =P

t00fatt 02-03-2009 01:00 PM

Also don't let those tweeter, and super tweeter combos fool you. That is just a sales gimmick, and there is no such thing as a supertweeter. A true 3-way has a tweet, a woofer and mid bass.

Well if you can't really go hear any speakers, and you don't know anyone I guess you your going to just have to do some research on what people say then take a bit of a gamble. I also listen to ska, sublime, slightly stoopid, the expendables, and absolutely love my JLs. They are very bright and clean, they have a nice bass punch and never distort.