Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Rear seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Default Rear seat removal

Hell all, I am installing an amp with a subwoofer in my trunk. I was able to get the power line from the battery to the cabin. However I am unable to remove the rear seat to sent the cable along with the rca lines into the trunk. How do I remove the rear seat in a 1996 Accord.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Rear seat removal

Ok, I have found the way to remove the seat and thought I'd share it with other users of the forum. Slip your hand into the thight space where the backrest meets the seat. To the right of the centre armrest you will feel a 10mm bolt. Using a socket remove the bolt, once removed lift the seat, it will tilt to the front where it is kept in place with wire hooks. I should note that replacing the bolt is a bit more tricky as the space is limited and you have to feel around a bit.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey! I just saw your post, but why do you need to remove the seat to run your wiring? For mine, I simply foleded the seats down, removed the extra part of the seat between the gap from no seat and the window, and ran it through there. then put the piece back in and popped up the seat!

Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 AM

Hey 19Accord97, I'm trying to mount my amp on the structural brackets that are found behind the seats when the seats are folded down. I have a 99 LX, so I dunno if it is the same, but how did you get the little portion of seat between the foldable seats and the door out? I can't figure it out. I think I found a bracket thingy that holds it in, but I don't know how to undo it without breaking it.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:42 AM

19Accord97, my rear seat does not fold. The only way to get the wires into the trunk is to remove the seat. I can see how easy it would be if the backrest could fold.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Hey Cash4, what year is your car? I have a '99, and I like forcefully slid my subwoofer cables inbetween the portion of the seat that butts up against the door, and the body of the car. I did this too though, because I was running the cables up the sides of the car, under the little plastic covers at the bottom of the door, just above the sideskirts. That way, when I got to the back of the car, it made sense to me to run them through that portion of the back seat. I dunno if you can do this, but it seemed to work pretty mell for me, but I must say, shoving two 4 gauge wires through any small space was qiuite a pain...

Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Cash4

19Accord97, my rear seat does not fold. The only way to get the wires into the trunk is to remove the seat. I can see how easy it would be if the backrest could fold.
Really? I thought all 96-97 seats fold down. What model do you have? I have the LX and on the rear deck between the speakers there is a slot for your key which will release the seat to fold down.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:27 AM

I have a 96-97 ex. No sunroof, no rear seat fold, no cup holders, no cruise control, no internal headlight adjustment. The car did belong to my boss and was in excellent condition. I replaced the original cassette player with a Innovatek 393 dvd/cd/mp4/tv/am/fm system, so I ran all cables under the centre console. That's why I had to remove the seat to run the cables, I was already in the middle of the car.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

How 'bout removing the rear seat in a 1990 Honda Accord EXR Sedan. i don't see anything about it in the Haynes manual I have.