Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

98 accord power windows will not function, SRS light on, Fuse problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Default 98 accord power windows will not function, SRS light on, Fuse problem?

Here's my problem:
Originally my cigarette lighter and radio will not work, so after 7 motnhs i finally found the problems, of a bad fuse on the passenger side.
after checking each individual fuse, pulling it out of its area (under the hood, driver and passenger side), i found one bad fuse on the passenger side.
right now my radio works, cigarette ligheter does not work, my SRS red light is now on. i had a check engine light on for a few weeks (went away after i pulled some fuses in and out of its position on the passenger side) and my power windows will not function. i have pulled in and out all my fuses once again and can't seem to figure out why.

so in conclusion i have the following problem and don't think it has to do w/ my fuses any more any help would be greatly appreciated
srs light is on
cigarette lighter does not work
can't roll up and down power windows.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Default RE: 98 accord power windows will not function, SRS light on, Fuse problem?

the SRS light/CEL is probably because you had to pull out the backup fuse when you were checking them... search the forum and there is a SRS light reset procedure on one of the posts... the cigarette lighter may just have gone bad and blew the fuse origonally, test that with a multi meter or pull it out and trace the wire if you're 100% sure that all your fuses are good... do the windows make any noise or do anything at all or just non responsive totally? I wonder if it popped another fuse when you replaced that one that was origonally blown.... On other cars I saw a kid toss a penny down the cigarette lighter and blow the power window fuse.... I'm thinking that lighter may be bad and it blew the window fuse... disconnect it and then test everything out

Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Default RE: 98 accord power windows will not function, SRS light on, Fuse problem?

all the fuses have been tested and only one fuse was replaced (on the passenger side, a 20amp one).
so you think it has to do w/ the wire that is related to the cigarette lighter? where is this wire?

the windows is nonresponsive. doesn't do anything.
disconnect what? should i just replace the fuse for the cigarette lighter anyways and hope both (window and lighter) work again?

Cigarette lighter is not a big issue for me, the window is what i'm more concerned about.

thanks